Executing the proper burnout.

Budman

In anticipation of the Stock Car Spectacular, I think a discussion of the correct method of executing a burnout is in order. I think I've only ever seen one done correctly, and I don't even remember who the driver was.

Originally, the smoke shroud was intended to hide car and driver from the crowd, while the driver extracated him/her self from the vehicle. Then, as the smoke clears, the crowd finds to their amazement the driver standing atop his racecar. Isn't this the correct way to do it?

In anticipation of the Stock Car Spectacular, I think a discussion of the correct method of executing a burnout is in order. I think I've only ever seen one done correctly, and I don't even remember who the driver was.

Originally, the smoke shroud was intended to hide car and driver from the crowd, while the driver extracated him/her self from the vehicle. Then, as the smoke clears, the crowd finds to their amazement the driver standing atop his racecar. Isn't this the correct way to do it?

Well, I hate to say it, but when you're a low budget team with one decent motor and maybe one backup, you're best off refraining from them altogether. The fans are just going to have to be content with the racing action. That is on the off chance that we win it! :D

Chase,

Would love to see ya'll win it! And, actually I'm rather "old school" about post race celebrations. Burnouts put a heck of a lot of stress on drive lines. I think a simple victory lap with checkered flag in hand is sufficient.

But, for those who do choose to celebrate with a burnout .................

Chase,

Would love to see ya'll win it! And, actually I'm rather "old school" about post race celebrations. Burnouts put a heck of a lot of stress on drive lines. I think a simple victory lap with checkered flag in hand is sufficient.

But, for those who do choose to celebrate with a burnout .................

They are very cool! I love watchin' them, so long as it's not Cary doing it! :lol:

But maybe just once....

hell budman,i see burnouts done the correct way thousands of times a week-my favorites are the 200+ footers where i cant even see what the hells going on for all the smoke,then i got to wait for the smoke to clear out so my staging beams will go out so i can line em up-lmao :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is nothing like sound of a motor staying in the power band as the driver works the throttle just enought to keep the tires lit. Soon the smoke boils out from under the car and all you can think is you wish you were behind the wheel. Every driver should celebrate. It puts a smile on everyones face. After the race I always keep watching to see what the winner is gonna do. I say smoke'em down. You deserve it.