Stands at THR

Budman

Speaking of stands..

One suggestion for track improvement would be the addition of some type of canopy over a section of the stands. Call it VIP seating and charge a premium but give the fans an option of some shade...

Just a thought, Ive seen it some other tracks and it seems to work.

What about the scoring tower. In another thread T Tom (I think) said they were going to fix it and it was staying. Anyone know?

The scoreboard is staying, but I haven't heard if it has been fixed. I sure hope so - would be a cool thing to have during qualifying Saturday.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
What about the scoring tower. In another thread T Tom (I think) said they were going to fix it and it was staying. Anyone know?
The scoreboard is staying and the parts have been sent off to see if the problem from the evening of the NASCAR event has been corrected. Full Throttle Productions has arranged for Daktronics to be on hand to work any more bugs out of the system.

Are the additional stands at THR that were installed before the NASCAR West Race still there, or have they been removed?
The remaining bleachers will be there too, so get there early for a good seat! ;)

Clayton Adams will be playing music from 2:00 pm until the RACING ACTION gets started! They played at the Osborne benefit.

We have had a great response on our RSVP's for the Ice Bats game. Going to be a fun weekend! Hope to see you all there. B)

It was nice to see the scoreboard, it sure makes keeping track of what's going on easier (mostly lap count..).

One petty gripe about the additional stands - why were they charging extra for those and why did they move the original pit stands so far down the hill they were unusable?? Sure $3.00 isn't a lot but it was very irritating to basically have no other option since the regular stands on that end of the track filled quickly. With all the extra cars, there were also a lot of extra crew and family that paid premium to come through the back gate, asking for more just to have a place to sit just boggles the mind..

OK, rant over.

It was nice to see the scoreboard, it sure makes keeping track of what's going on easier (mostly lap count..).

One petty gripe about the additional stands - why were they charging extra for those and why did they move the original pit stands so far down the hill they were unusable?? Sure $3.00 isn't a lot but it was very irritating to basically have no other option since the regular stands on that end of the track filled quickly. With all the extra cars, there were also a lot of extra crew and family that paid premium to come through the back gate, asking for more just to have a place to sit just boggles the mind..

OK, rant over.

From your perspective it was irritating, but from the owner/promoter's point of view it was undoubtedly an economic necessity.

Nick Holt

The extra stands seemed to interfere with the entrance and exit from and to the pits. Very congested. Lots of trash blowing around. The scoreboard was nice, buy when you sit in the stands in the pits, you cannot see it without looking around others in the stands. The consession stands were very disappointing. Nothing but water to drink and very little to choose from as far as food goes.

I thought they should of moved the pit stands back up where they were. Everybody had to sit in their chairs, or stand on the bleachers way back there and couldn't hardly see turn 3 and 4. Also I think on the scoreboard you should count down how many laps are left because not everybody in the stands knows how many laps they are going to run. Thats just my opinion, other than that, It was a good night, besides the ridiculous move trying to make it 3 wide in turn 3 on the first lap of the truck race.

As far as this stands in the pits not being in there right place, they tried to get them back but the tractor was not strong enough to pull them up the small hill. It was getting stuck. They tried.

We tried the old fashion style too - by hand!

Still didn't work. :o