Post-season events

NickHolt

I have never seen a set of rules that suited everyone when trying to match up performance levels of cars from different series, tracks, chassis or whatever. It's easy enough to write a set that perfectly match my car or your car, but coming up with a set of rules that combine and adjust rules from several sources is another story.

Some folks will not like the common rules that THR, TSRS, SAS and CCMS came up with for these post season events. That's to be expected. Racers usually want the rules to favor them and not the other guy. Others just hate change. Can't blame anyone for that. But sometimes you just have to bite the bullet for the good of racing overall.

It's been pretty obvious that if asphalt racing is to survive in Central/South Texas, more and more cooperation among tracks and series has to happen. In that light, the post season rules were decided with input from THR, TSRS, SAS and CCMS. I am personally pleased that some tracks and touring series are trying to get on the same page.

So, go ahead and find excuses why you don't want to run one of the post-season events. But don't you think it might be better for everyone if you just put the car on the trailer and ran it under the common rules instead of staying home because the rules don't seem to be in your favor?

Nick Holt

I have to agree with you Bobby, I have already seen a CCMS Purestock run THR and SAS cars at SA and the street tires versus the 970's or f53's didn't go well. They atleast need to let you have 970's . That would be like taking a CCMS superstreet up there on Street tires . I saw that a few years ago too and the last two cars were on street tires. (Doc and Clare)

It would be nice if the promoters from all three tracks would get together during the winter and come up with common rules for the basic classes so they would be the same at all 3 tracks.This job falls directly on the shoulders of the promoters.To blame the racers for having diffulities adjusting to the different rules packages is just wrong.With common rules,a racer could race at any track with the same car,with only a gear change.It amazes me how everyone talks about the "Future " of the tracks but the ones in charge are harder to please than the racers themselves.Its a fact that when you have more places to race a type of car,there will be more cars of that type.Look at IMCA.Then when one track has a special,they could get lots of cars.We almost had that when RGS and CC both had Thunder car rules the same.We had 22 cars 4 years ago with both tracks cars when CCs Thunder car program was in its infancy.Then RGS changed it and no more crossover cars Why do you need 10 different kinds of V8 cars?There basically all Chevrolets anyway.Ive said it before,the future of raceing lies totally in the hands of the promoters.Make a show and it will sell itsself.And Thunder Hill and SAS both need a Thunder Car class exactly like the one CC has.Im going to hide from the lightning bolts now,thanks for listening. Thumper :o

I have a CC Speedway pure stock with street tires. I wouldnt mind running at Octoberfast if I had the same tires as the Kyle cars. The camshaft rule, racing springs, racing shocks, and 9 inch Ford rearend could be overlooked. Thank you.

this is just a question but could all of this type car with a couple of worn but good tires maybe bring them to the track and help some of these guys with tires i remember my first trip to sa they would not let me run with my towel city retreads and was going to go home and one of the charger guys said don,t go home i,ve got couple of throe off,s you can run and in about ten minutes i had a set for that night and it made a great night for me and really made me feel welcome there just a thought they will no good at home after the winter anyway,,,,

Good point waddy, retreads dang you are old. if you guys come up and run i will bring all of my old tires most are still good to run competively probably have about eight and are from this season, came off my truck. pm me and I'll take a count so that you are guaranteed some of my tires and i will let you know tommorrow exactly how many i have. hope to see ya there.

dang, dude thats what i,m talking about, i allways said if you need some help ask i would be offended if any of my friends or any body else did,nt race because they were to proud to ask me foe help, remember pride is the chief cause in the decline in the number of husbands and wives.......by roger miller... you know i am getting old but your only as old as the woman you feel...

Thanks for the offer. The problem is that the rules don't allow us to run 970's. We have to run [75 series no larger than 235-75-15 street tires, no racing tires] or the 790

that SA cars run if we bolt on a 2 barrel carb instead of the stock Quadrajet that we run. Sorry about the whining.

I will be in the pits without my car to enjoy watching the racing.

88 i'm pretty sure the thr pure stocks run the 790 hoosier as well and the street stocks the 970 hoosier. someone correct me if im wrong , i havent had a need to research that info, but i think im right. anybody got any pull-off 790's for the cc pure stocks. Ant of you CC streets need tires pm me.