Sportsman at SA

Flyin34

Sorry guys, not going to be able to make it either. Running with a borrowed motor and don't want to put any more miles on it than just finishing up the season at THR. Had tons of fun last year down there and wish any of the THR guys that go lots of luck!!

QUOTE (flyingaces @ Sep 28 2005, 12:13 PM)

looking at the rules set for the SA sportsman probaly not many of them will show  

Why is that?

They did quite well last year with rules that weren't too different.

Yeah about 2 of them did ok. Looks like the rules favor the cc and thr cars a bit more.

i don't know fer sure but I don't think the difference in the tire are going to make as much difference as the wait and other gimmes do.

So. I think I will LUMP IT

QUOTE (flyingaces @ Sep 28 2005, 12:13 PM)

looking at the rules set for the SA sportsman probaly not many of them will show  

Why is that?

They did quite well last year with rules that weren't too different.

Yeah about 2 of them did ok. Looks like the rules favor the cc and thr cars a bit more.

i don't know fer sure but I don't think the difference in the tire are going to make as much difference as the wait and other gimmes do.

So. I think I will LUMP IT

Well, it's definately an interesting discussion regardless. Last year, we thought the CC cars would have the edge. In qualifying, SAS cars had the definate edge with a mix of CC and THR cars in the top 10 as well. We were faster than several of the SAS regulars but a good 1/2 second off of the pole pace. There were several out-of-town cars better than us. The SAS cars are faster overall this year than they were last.

This year, some of the guys won't be there "for the first time" like last year, so that may play a factor as well.

My prediction - a SAS car will set the fast time in qualifying and will win. Greg Jr. will give 'em a hell of a run for a top spot. Bobby Teer Jr. will do well but will lose a little time learning the track.

Anybody else? :D

the 0 is gonna lap half the field, after he lays down a blistering 21.46 or somewhere abouts. the luche , if he comes will be fighting for a top five with rohmer and the kanook...and trusted me the tires make a differrence, i would take the f53 over the 500cfm anyday.....thats the one reason there won't be more out of town cars at this race......if you win it's because 'in someone else's eyes you had the advantage over them.'

it's fixed now, thanx though nick...it just kept reposting my reply, needed you to throw some lightening at it. glad i caught you on the cloud.

I can't make up my mind on whether to go or not. I love to run SA, and we always have a blast at Octoberfast. Think I have run that race 3 times now. Like I said before, if it was truly a year end race for the CC guys, would be there in a heartbeat. Instead we have to turn around and get the cars back in order to go regular season racing for another 2 weeks....S . U. C. K. S!!!

Flyin34 has a point. It has to be a pain to make changes, and then undo the changes.

On another point made on several threads, we'd all like to see common rules. Until we get there we have to run our end-of-season races with compromised sets of rules. But we don't really know who is going to have the edge until we put the cars on the track and give it a shot; anything else is just opinion. Informed opinion in most cases, true, but still opinion.

Maybe we should look at some of the post-season mixing of classes and rules as testing who has an edge and who doesn't. That would, of course, mean coming to run even if you think the rules are against you. Maybe they aren't, or maybe you are a better driver than you think. Either way, if the cars from one track or series elect not to run, we lose the knowledge we might have gained. Just a thought; I don't have a dog in the fight.

After racing the sportsman race up there last year I promise that tires and seat time at that track are an advantage. But we finished 6th and had a blast doing it. The end of season races are great, you get to meet a lot of new people.

Crazyhorse and I had a blast last year racing the sportsman race, the best part was that I finally got around him.

I know that some of the CC drivers will be up there and I hope that we see alot of drivers come down to CC and race the stockcar championship.

that's crazy! if you put f53's and the 500 on the 0..............i'm going with between a .05 and .19.....it was pretty balanced (almost) last year....this is foolish when you want out of town cars....what was given to the cc and thr cars???? something has to be. that rule just put them in a 9 tenths hole no matter how much experience a driver has.

that's crazy! if you put f53's and the 500 on the 0..............i'm going with between a .05 and .19.....it was pretty balanced (almost) last year....this is foolish when you want out of town cars....what was given to the cc and thr cars???? something has to be. that rule just put them in a 9 tenths hole no matter how much experience a driver has.

Yep.

I thought maybe it was a typo, but it's repeated at the bottom for emphasis.

hay guys i ran a 21.19 in 98 , with the 350 carb set fast time, 2years in a row with an open rearend and a 517 overall gear didnt change much from my longhorn set up 800 on the left 900 on the right 175. right rear and 225 left rear 49.5 cross come on and race we love to see a lot of cars in that class it is really fun to watch, and yea i,m bragging a little see ya.ll at the races

Archived