Our very own "Sarge" named as voice of SA Diablos

San Antonio Diablos Name Their PA Announcer

For Immediate Release

Contact Erin Leonard, Sales & Marketing /Promotions at erin.leonard@sbcglobal.net 210-490-9550 x239

TEN-HUT! The San Antonio Diablos of the Western States Hockey League are proud to announce the hiring of Bill “Sarge” Masom as the Voice of the Diablos.

Sarge, as he is known, has nearly fifteen years of Public Address announcing experience at several South Texas area race tracks. The thirty-eight year old from Kerrville, TX has announced auto racing events at local tracks in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Pleasanton, Killeen and Kyle, TX. In addition, he also has announced for the traveling Texas Super Racing Series at tracks in Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Kyle, TX.

This will be Sarge's first year announcing hockey. “I am real excited about this opportunity. I love hockey and announcing the Diablos will be a blast”, said Sarge, when asked about the up coming season. “I have been real impressed by the entire Diablos organization. It is a real honor to be apart of the team as the Voice of Diablos Hockey”, Sarge added.

The Diablos are thrilled to have Bill “Sarge“Masom as our PA Announcer this Inaugural season. “I thought Sarge did an excellent job in his first attempt at announcing hockey this past weekend. Sarge adds excitement and energy to the arena and will become stronger as he attains more experience throughout the season. “Said Head Coach / GM Trevor Converse”.

Sarge will make his official debut on September 30th during the 2005-2006 WSHL Kick-Off Tournament. The Diablos open the tournament with a game against the Tulsa Bazooka Blues at 10:00 AM at the Ice Center at Northwoods. There will be a total of eight games from September 30th, through October 2nd. The Diablos will play in four of the eight games. Sarge will be announcing all the Diablos games during the tournament.

The Diablos will return to action on the road with an away game on October 8th, in Fort Worth against the Fort Worth Texans and October 9th against the Dallas Titans. The Diablos return home on October 22nd against those same Fort Worth Texans at 7:35 PM at the Ice center at Northwoods located on Henderson Pass.

The Diablos will compete in the newly organized Midwest Division,

Of the Western States Hockey League. Consisting of teams in Tulsa Ok, Lafayette La, Dallas, Fort Worth and the Diablos in San Antonio, TX. The WSHL is where players start to work and strive for advancement toward the collegiate hockey or professional hockey ranks.

Founded in 1994, the WSHL has evolved into a league with organizations based in California, Idaho, Arizona, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas. The Phoenix Polar Bears have claimed the past three WSHL championships and were 2003 National Champions

Diablos Season Tickets are on sale now for only $130 plus tax for 20 home games. Individual tickets will be on sale for $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for kids 10 and under. Call 210-490-9550 ext 224 for more information. Or check them out on the web at http://northwoodsice.net

Thanks for the kudos guys. I appreciate it.

Jason is right. The Rampage are in the American Hockey League (AHL), which is the AAA for the National Hockey League (NHL). This year the Rampage are the AHL affiliate of the Phoenix Coyotes of the NHL. The Rampage will have development players, rehab players and others in the "farm" system. If there is an injury on the Coyotes, they most likely will "call up" a player to plug the gap from the Rampage. The Rampage play in the SBC Center.

The Diablos are in the Western States Hockey League (WSHL). It is Junior Hockey, Junior B to be exact. The age of the players are between 16 and 21 years old. The goal of Junior Hockey is to develop players for the college or lower pro ranks. Mostly the kids playing Junior B hockey are trying to get a spot on a Junior A club, or to get a spot on a DIII college team. The Diablos play at the Ice Center at Northwoods, which incidently, is where the Rampage pratice.

Game tickets for the Rampage are in the $15 range, plus parking. Diablos are $6.50 plus tax and parking is free. I went to 5 Rampage games last year and saw some pretty stinky hockey. I have been to one Diablos exhibition game and saw some fantastic hockey. If you want to see some great hockey, and not have to mortage your house, come see the Diablos play. You won't be disappointed!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

I-37 Speedway Race Talker Abouter

Thunder Hill Raceway Race Talker Abouter

San Antonio Diablos Hockey Talker Abouter

P.S. Reb, Puck off! LOL ;)

Edited by Sarge

Sarge,

Congrats, dude...

You have been looking to "move up" the ladder in announcing, this is certainly a step in the right direction!!

:D:D:D

Way to go, you deserve it... B)