Snowball Derby/Snowflake 100 entries as of 9-13-05

Snowball

38th Annual Snowball Derby Dec. 1st--4th.

Snowball/Snowflake entries

Snowball(29) Not bad for early September!

1.Scott Carlson

2.Ryan Crane

3.Kevin Cywinski

4.Greg Davidson

5.Grant Enfinger

6.Ryan Foster

7.Hal Goodson

8.Josh Hamner

9.Scott Hantz

10.Matt Hawkins

11.David Hole

12.Dale Little

13.Wes Lloyd

14.Ken McFarland

15.Joey Miller

16.Jr. Niedecken

17.Robert Richardson

18.Bradley ReithMeyer

19. Stanley Smith

20.Doug Thorpe

21.Jack Landis

22.David Rogers

23.Ronnie Sanders

24.Wayne Anderson

25.Jeremy Rice

26.Donald Long

27.Eddie Mercer

28.Charlie Bradberry

29.Eddie Craig

Snowflake 100

( To be ran under "pro Latemodel" rules)(2 barrells and crates!)

1.Brandon Carlson

2.Tommy Clymer

3.Eddie Craig

4.Ryan Crane

5.Greg Davidson

6.Brent Etheridge

7.Ryan Foster

8.Josh Hamner

9.Scott Hantz

10. David Hole

11.Evan Jackson

12.Ronnie Kittle

13.Bradley Reithmeyer

14.Stanley Smith

15.Keith Thorpe

16.Jack Landis

17.Wade Buttrey

18.Jeremy Rice

19.Donald Long

20. Charlie Bradberry

Edited by Snowball

Thanks for the update, Snowball.

That is a great count for early September.

Got my tickets in hand.................

On a side note, for those of ya'll going--

The hotels are giving reservations with an asterick; evacuees have priority at this time. But it should not be a problem for rooms like last year.

Snowball,

Don't know yet if I'll be able to make it, but I hope to. Do have a couple of questions though. I'll be coming from Austin. Will pickup I-10 down around Houston, and go east from there. Are there any major (or minor) detours I'll have to take off of I-10 between Houston and Pensacola? Do you have ANY idea how far east I may have to go to get confirmed hotel reservations?

Would also love to see you post some sort of race weekend schedule on here. Thanks.

Modifieds from what is understood from us is still up in the air. There is an "other" square on the entry form but they do not show them on there as definite. They will be running a modified race on Oct 7th according to the web site (30 laps). The number of cars showing up for this may help make the decision for the class running or not, but are unsure. We have been unable to obtain a definite yes from the Bryants.

Budman

I called the Ramada Ltd. off the snowball website just to see if they would even take reservations. The guy said no problem, booked it for the whole weekend. I asked about getting bumped and he said there would be no problem. May be a different story when Dec rolls around, but they took the reservation. Not my first choice of locations, but at least it's a room for right now.

Billy

Budman,

I'm sure you probably know this, but just wanted to make sure. At Baton Rouge, get off I-10 and take I-12 towards Hammond. It's a straight shot that reconnects to I-10 at Slidell (?) without having to go through New Orleans. It is significantly shorter.

My dad said a barge had hit the I-10 bridge north of Pascagoula, and had traffic necked down. I would imagine it will be fixed before the Derby, though, if it hasn't been already.

Snowball,

Try to talk my dad (LlamaDog) into renting an RV for the SD this year. It would be a blast, and we'd have somewhere to warm up or stay dry. And, you'd have somewhere to store your beer! Ha!

I hope all the Texas guys that have registered show up. I'd like to see more of the USRA guys down there. I'm sure T. Wade Welch, and Chris Davidson will be there as always. Would love to see Bendele, Crofford, etc. there.

Who is rumored to be driving the #5 Richie Wauters car this year?

Danny

Try to talk my dad (LlamaDog) into renting an RV for the SD this year. It would be a blast, and we'd have somewhere to warm up or stay dry. And, you'd have somewhere to store your beer! Ha!

So thats where the connection lies with LlamaDog and Texas racing....hmmmm I had been wondering.

Who is rumored to be driving the #5 Richie Wauters car this year?

I would not be surprised to see either Wallace or Norris running in Wauter car. With the seasons that both of them are having there might be a chance for 2 cars. Only time will tell.

• 4 weeks later...

Additional entries you can add to the list at the front of this thread:

These are new entries for the Snowball and Snowflake.

Snowball Derby:

1.Duwayne Buggay

2.Donnie Wilson

3.Royce Johnston

4.Cale Gale

5.Justin Drawdy

6.Jeff Choquette

7.Joey Senter

8.Steven Wallace

Snowflake 100:

1.Gregory Tallent

2.Duwayne Buggay

3.Devon Hall

4.Chris Bayhi

5.Royce Johnston

6.Matt Hawkins

7.Stevie Mercer

8.Justin Drawdy

9.Jeff Choquette

10.Joey Senter

The Snowflake, when it was still big engines, generally filled entries quicker. The Snowball is a significantly more expensive race to run, and a lot of the guys wait until everything else is done to see if they have anything left for the derby.

If I had to guess, they'll probably end up with about 45

Snowball, and 40 Snowflake entries.

A crate motor is from an OEM production line such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc. It is a limited engine with RPM restrictions.

A sealed motor is a real race engine from a designated engine builder that must build each engine to exact specifications and parts (like the IROC series engines).

Sorry Yall!

I haven't been on this site in a little while. TxTom, That number that you predicted for the Snowball and Snowflake in my opinion will be way low! Last year we had 59 for the Snowball and around 45 for the Snowflake. We've only had less than 50 for the Snowball once, and that was back in the early 90's or late 80's. My prediction this year is 50-60 for the Snowball ,and 55-70 for the Snowflake. The interest for the Snowflake is through the roof because there are so many of the pro Latemodels around the South East.So far this year the crates and the 2 barrells have been very competitive with each other. The pits for Snowball weekend should be even more crowded because there will be less drivers entering both races. Some still will, but most of the Snowflake drivers this year will just be running the Snowflake. That means more big haulers in the pits. I posted the schedule on here. The Modifieds will be running Friday night.

Oh, I forgot.

As of right now Steven Wallace will be driving one Wauters car, but they have 2 pit spots. The other is supposed to be for J.R Norriss, but they haven't payed an entry for him yet so he isn't officially entered yet. I do expect him. Also, Freddie Query stated at the last Blizzard race that he will be back this year!

I think Kevin Cywinski is the odds on favorite to win it this year. He had the best car out there the last two years, but got caught up in late race accidents. I'm not sure, but he might have led the most laps in the past two races. After that, one of our Texans will get second. So far we got Bradley Reithmeyer, Greg Davidson, Brandon Bendele, and Robert Richardson. What other Texans are going?

That number that you predicted for the Snowball and Snowflake in my opinion will be way low! Last year we had 59 for the Snowball and around 45 for the Snowflake.

Snowball,

Looks like I need to double check my typing; meant 55, not 45.

Anyway, I'll be there Thursday -Sunday, regardless of car count.

I think Kevin Cywinski is the odds on favorite to win it this year.

No question, Horsepower. I thought he had the best car last year.

As foe Texas racers, one of Chris Davidson's crew members told me at Octoberfast they were planning to run the Snowball, also Casey Smith. While he is an Okie instead of Texan, Donnie Wilson is also entered.

Edited by txtom

Hey Snowball, I thought I saw his name on the list, I guess I was wrong. I'm not sure, hopefully he does and I think Casey Smith and T Wade Welch will be there. It looks like if 4 USRA Super Late Model Series Champions will be there(ROMCO). I think last year there was 3 or 4 modifieds from Texas that made the trip down there for the modified race.