SAS Last night?

HORSEPOWER

What do you guys think of the action last night at San Antonio Speedway? In my opinion, everything went pretty smooth till the late model feature. It seemed like the first 10 laps took an hour and the whole race got dragged out for another one. Of course there were several things that led to these circumstances. But having to stop the cars several times just to put them back in there spots sure was taking forever, reminded me of TSRS of a year or two ago. What was the deal with the 3 car, why was he brought in? I'm not sure if he was jumping the restart or what, but when the cars are lined up single file for the restart and all the cars start stack up and run into each other, it's only a natural reaction if cars start diving down to avoid hitting the car in front of them and prevent from getting rammed in the back. By that time the green flag is waiving and you've got to punch the throttle, or then all the guys in the back pass you up and you lose several positions. That happens a lot, but they don't usually penalize those guys mixing it up in the back and it stays green. Now when it's maybe in the top five of course they are quick to throw the yellow. It was a little exciting in the begining, but once this starting happening, several fans just started getting up and leaving. I brought some friends out and it was there first visit to the track and they really liked it, until the last race. I'm sure they will come back, but if there was any other new faces in the crowd, I just hope it didn't leave a bad impression. It was just so quiet out there without Terry, they should have at least thrown some music in there to have a little noise during those long stretches of no action, or lets just record Terry's voice and throw in some sound bites,just a suggestion, I know he was probaly in CC. These car counts are low already and they need to quit running off the ones that are there trying to race and put on a show for the fans. I've been going to our weekly racing several years and last night just was one of those nights, I guess we will have those nights once in a while, it's just part of racing. JMO

Guest rocketdog15

The Late Model race was crazy! 1st Robert Barker

2nd Donny Horelka 3rd Jamie Fuller

Sportsman- 1st Greg Rohmer 2nd Eric Knudtson

3rd Keith Garrett

Roadrunner- 1st Randy Frautshi (in Ken Jones Ford)

2nd Mona Turner I believe 3rd went to Mark Mathias.

Mark blew his transmission early in the race, but JR Eichelberger, who won, was disqualified for a beveled spring spacer. Only 4 cars started.

W.O.W.- 1st Misty Jones 2nd Mona Turner

Texas Pro Sedans- Bill Labarge led the first 24 laps,

but Sergio Hexel got by him on the last lap. Cars were so spread out with lots of lapped cars, not sure, but I think Tom Johnson got third.

I hope Mark can put it back together. I would hate to see him come this far to win a track championship and not win it. The track may really want him back. That class can't afford to lose another car. That class has lost 6 or 7 cars this year and 3 were double duty cars.

Pay attention Horsepower. There was music playing periodically and Milton has to make his announcements. The 3 was brought in for unsportsmanlike behavior and apparently making an obscene gesture. It was not a good situation all the way around. I hope your friends do come again and have a better time. Sometimes toward the end of racing season, it just seems to get this way.

I never said Milton didn't make any announcements, I heard him. Milton was just a little quiet, because he and TD are usually talking back and forth to each other, and get the crowd into it. There was no music during the late model race, it was quiet as hell. Maybe the 3 car was over reacting, he got the crowd fired up. They should have thrown a yellow and then a red, when all that stuff was going on. They just flat out threw the red and all those guys went swerving and slamming on their brakes, almost causing some wrecks more wrecks. Does anyone know the status of the 3 team?

Archived