Rain or Traction Control

tsrsfan

Now come on, Big, when have you ever heard of me and illegal going together?

Actually, Eddy's car has a couple unusual things that make it quick. I hope he doesn't mind me giving away the secrets, but we are working on the next generation of performance-enhancing devices as we speak.

Anyway, One of the things that makes Eddy's San Antonio motor quick is, that Lucian has cleverly incorporated certain design features from turbofan jet engines into the small block chevy, and you can see none of this looking at the car. Instead of a crankshaft, it has a 10 stage axial design compressor constructed primarily of titanium, inconel, and other high temp alloys. The first 3 stages are equipped with variable stator blades to allow optimum airflow scheduling.

This leads to the combustion chambers, which are annular in design, and fabricated of Haynes-188 cobalt based alloy with film cooling. They are equipped with dual fuel injectors and a capacitor-discharge ignition system, containing an independent engine mounted generator and 3 igniter plugs, two for each combustion chamber, and one for the afterburner system.

Very well disguised in the exhaust system are concentric fuel spray rings in flow from the base engine. Two more rings are down the exhaust further, in the radiator air bypass airflow.( More on that later)

The end of the exhaust pipes house convergent-divergent axisymmetric exhaust nozzles in a multi-flap. balanced beam arrangement giving a wide range in area and profile. This is what gives the car that extra bit of zip off the corner.

You may have noticed the different designs Eddy has tried for the radiator air box. This is actually one of the reasons for the speed of the car. A certain amount of the excess air entering the air box is exits the engine compartment of the car, and this tertiary air is channeled back into the exhaust air stream. Proper management of this air will actually add to the forward motion of the car.

We have calculated the amount of forward thrust gained from this unique air management system, but it is a closely guarded team secret. The calculations are on an encoded microchip, and it's location is known only by 44SS and his proctologist.

I will not divulge the next generation of performance enhancements we have developed at the Bandit racing shop. Just a warning--don't stand directly behind the car when Eddy starts it, or within 50 feet of it if you have just finished that 3 bean chili buffet lunch.

Big John, I hope this answers some questions for you, and wasn't too technical in nature.

Big--

Please read that particular rule again.

You will see that it applies to 9-1 engines only. We run a concept.

I deliberately left out a couple of our current performance enhancements, including the turbine located in the transmission housing, and the variable engine air inlet that ensures that the velocity of the air that reaches the carburator stays subsonic.

After we implement the latest changes to the car, I will describe how these work.

And Nick, if you go to Houston, Eddy will show you how his marginalized residual flatulence generator works.

For some reason, he will not let us put our hands on his flatulence generator....................

Figures they'd outlaw it, but we had the foresight to develop some new ones using an alloy that we will keep to ourselves. It is actually an older alloy, but sometimes "older is better".

I hear that all the time...................

Big--

Do us a favor and don't repeat this fact to any of the USRA officials. We don't want them catching on to what we are doing. They haven't yet discovered the little picture of a legal stock combustion chamber we glued to the end of their borescope last time in Houston.

So be sure and don't tell them.

Archived