The S in NASCAR

HOUSTONLM04

New Camber Rule starting at MIS: NASCAR has finally stepped in to eradicate the excessive tire problems teams have experienced this season--and remove some of the heat from Goodyear in the process. A new camber rule will be in place starting this weekend at Michigan that limits the angle of the front tires to 8 degrees. "We've had tire issues this summer at Pocono and Indy (because of) excessive camber," says Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "Some teams were on the mark, but others were way off." NASCAR already has a rear camber rule of 2 degrees and checks cars with a camber gauge during inspection.(Sporting News)(8-15-2005)

This is a freaking joke.

If a guys is too stupid to take camber out then let him kill his tires. NASCAR doesn't need a rule limiting it (in the front).

What's next, a wedge specification or a limit on the number of rounds of trac bar you can put in on a pit stop?

Cookie cutter tracks, cookie cutter cars, cookie cutter drivers and now cookie cutter seutps?

wonder what they gonna blame it on when some of the big dogs still pop the front tire-when i read this in national speed sport news the first thing i thought was "just a cat covering s#*% in the litter box"-i heard a guy on tv on speed show late the other nite comment that goodyear tires had won more cup races than any other tire,i was like "no s%*# sherlock",when your the only tire, i guess so-guess that was for people that didnt know much about cup racing and would make them run out the next morning and buy a set of new goodyears for the family truckster,who knows

your right supertx-they own everything right down to the concessions(food vendors and drinks from what i read in national speed sport-under another name)-if anybody else was doing what they are doing they would be in prison-its like the mafia of racing-

Archived