TSZ ? Don't ask the wrong thing or get edited

MadRacing19

I was wondering why lately if someone ask something about someone or a Track or Series is Nick either editing them or telling them to ask the person/track or series? I thought this was a forum for things like this or anything as long as bashing is not happening .Nick maybe you can shed some light here ?Not trying to stur up anything just trying to find out why all of the sudden more subjects are off limits to talk about ...

I was just asking because alot of replys from Nick are "ask the person " or whatever. Not everyone who ask something about a series/person or track knows the person or whatever they are asking about. I guess your right though seems to be another "all involved thing" . So much for an OPEN FORUM.

I was wondering why lately if someone ask something about someone or a Track or Series is Nick either editing them or telling them to ask the person/track or series? I thought this was a forum for things like this or anything as long as bashing is not happening .Nick maybe you can shed some light here ?Not trying to stur up anything just trying to find out why all of the sudden more subjects are off limits to talk about ...

Fair enough question. Maybe these thoughts will help clarify where the ownership of TXSZ is coming from.

I know that in the past Texas Speed Zone has been used as a soapbox for or against a wide variety of personal likes and dislikes. But all that is changing. The ownership is committed to thorough and careful monitoring, editing and deleting to accomplish this change.

Complaints, bashes, and negative comments, etc., about a driver, a particular call, an official, a track, a series or just about anything else will likely get deleted or edited out. In other words, this is not Texas Bitch Zone.

Specific questions or concerns that one might have that appear as though the poster is expecting a response from the track, series, officials, or other individuals will be directed to the people who have those answers or can actually address those concerns. We are asking that people ask the involved official, or whoever, in person, by phone, via email, etc. Most of the time questions like, "Why would you make such a dumb call?" or, "Why do you hate this driver?" or "Why do you love that driver?" or "How blind can this or that official be?" etc., etc., are simply designed to stir up trouble and threads that start out with loaded questions usually wind up being bitch sessions anyway.

That being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing racing issues. We have had some great discussions on how to make racing more accessible to the public, how to generate more fans, next year's technical rules, etc. Some of the discussions have led to major changes in the way things are run and at times generate some very positive things like the Junior Racers at THR. And most of us have enjoyed great discussions about the all involved rule, what it means to use the chrome horn, whether on not to take the mirrors out of cars, and a host of other discussions that were both to the point and respectful (for the most part) of others.

I hope this helps.

Nick Holt

There's a fine line between "discussion" and "bashing." So if you eliminate the grey area, it will end judgement decisions that would be needed. Kind of like the "all involved rule."

If anything, the new quidelines are much harder to enforce and require a great deal more judgement than before. I think you have got it backwards, JM.

Nick Holt

Archived