NASCAR @ THR

KahneFan

Matter of fact Bama Brown did a tutorial this morning for that event on KASE this morning. Gave a start time of 7PM and said there would be music all day including Little Texas.

Mary Ann told us @ the drivers meeting on Saturday that more details would be coming.

The press conference was at one o'clock today at the Hyatt Regency, with all local media (including spanish-language media and Associated Press) in attendance.

I couldn't make the press conference, but I've talked to some of the press people and it was huge. Tavo even took a couple of questions in spanish, translating both question and answer for the non-spanish speakers in the audience.

Most stations have run stories on their early news, and News8Austin has run a really neat piece at about 20 minutes after the hour on the sports segment since seven o'clock.

Ads are on Bob FM, KVET and KASE and on cable channels; they will also be on local channels as the event gets closer.

Mike Verlatti from NASCAR was part of the press conference as well and was really impressed by the whole deal, according to the press folks I talked to (Verlatti has been here since Sunday, and was out at the track on Monday).

There's more to come, but check the web site, www.texasthunder200.com, for more on what's going on with the event.

The texasthunder200 website is worth looking at. They've done a great job with it. This is already shaping up to be a great event for Central Texas racing. Look like THR is going to have a temporary name change for this event.

The tickets are very reasonable considering you get a race and a concert all wrapped up in one. Can't wait!

and gates at Thunder Hill open to the public Saturday morning at 11:00 AM

Doesn't say "Raceway"... is that what you mean? :unsure:

When you click on the banner that takes you to the ticket sales company, the venue and event location are called "Texas Thunder." Just thought it sounded cool.

KahneFan-

The only race at Thunder Hill on the first of October will be the NASCAR Grand National West Series race.

Jamie37-

I think the promoters rented the entire track, including the suites, but you'd have to check with Brian C. on that.

Archived