Wild night at SAS

shirl347

The 12 was trailered, but he keeps his finishing position and points, did I read that right?

thats a damn good point.......when they black flag you to the trailer isnt that a dq........if that is the case the rules state when you are dqed you loose all money and points gained for that night..............what gives??.........is that an error or is there something more to it..........i can live with an error, everyone makes mistakes, but if it is not an error what is the deal??

Guest bigfat

Black flagged is not a DQ. Same reason why Rhomer kept his points in the last race. If you get blacked flagged 22 laps in and there are cars that are wrecked or broke before that you still get credit for the laps you completed. If you get black flagged for a fender about to fall off do you get DQ'ed? Or does the black flag have multiple meanings like dare I say........... No I better not.

As far as the RR it's 50 for 1st and 2 less down the line. ie: 1st - 50, 2nd - 48, 3rd - 46 and on and on.

There is usually another way to get a car with a mechanical problem off the track, other than a black flag; with the black flag reserved for dangerous infractions. If you are black flagged for rough driving, that should be a DQ, but any track is obviously free to do it any way they please.

Guest bigfat

Is there anything about black flagging in the rule book? Smoking cars get black flagged. Oil on the race track is dangerous. Just like a fender flying through a windshield or window is dangerous. It's dangerous situations not only infractions. Subjective at best.

There is usually another way to get a car with a mechanical problem off the track, other than a black flag; with the black flag reserved for dangerous infractions. If you are black flagged for rough driving, that should be a DQ, but any track is obviously free to do it any way they please.

TQ,

The black flag simply means "get off the track and report to the pits."

You can be DQ'd for rough driving with or without ever taking a black flag. And you can be black-flagged for rough driving with or without being ultimately being DQ'd from the event.

Nick Holt

There is a black flag with a white X that is usually used to signal that a driver is no longer being scored for either A)Ignoring a black flag, or B)disqualified. I don't see any tracks or series that use it though. Most of the flagmen don't even have one.

Okay guys I usually stay out of this kind of stuff but this time it involves us. We finally got a motor good enough to race better than the middle of the pack. I would be the first to admit if he was break checking Tater. I even knew that Tater would get impatient. We all knew Tater was already on probation for rough driving. Terry said it best of all at the drivers meeting. He said there would be racing incidents but when it's the same driver each week then it's not an incident it's the driver it just happen to be my husband this week he turned around. Hell he knows better than to wreck that car I'm already working more to pay for the new engine in that car he would have been a dead man. :D Hey Flying Aces sure do miss ya around the track. Call sometime. That's my point of view.

i like garfield, he is a good guy but he was blocking tator..........i think that is what pissed him off is that he got a taste of his own medicine......i knew it was a matter of time before he spun garfield out........they made the right call by parking him, there was no reason for it........good luck to garfield this weekend...........

Biting your tongue hurts after a while!

I went to Bill Weds. afternoon and asked what their side was on whether Garfield was BLOCKING or Not? He made the same comment that Garfield's Wife did... They have a better/faster motor than in weeks past... They have more straightaway speed and Garfield was making adjustments for carry that speed into the turns. Garfield had made the comment that the car seemed loose going into the turn, upon further evaluation they determined he was going into the turn faster than he had before. I asked Bill about the comments that Garfield was blocking Tater and Bill said that Garfield had been driving the same line he had all nights with the exception of trying to adjust in the turns for a loose on entry car. Bill did say that Garfield got tried of being PUNTED...

There are two sides to every story...

Sorry Terry D.,sometimes it's hard not to say something...

not saying what garfield did was wrong..........its racing, it was garfields postion and tator wanted it......garfield was making his car as wide as it needed to be to keep tator behind him.........garfields car has been faster here lately then it had been and that is good to see........like i said i like garfield, he is a good driver and a nice guy.........i think tator got tired of getting some of his own medicine and finally punted garfield.........that part of it was wrong and it is good to see terry d stick to his word and park drivers for punting others........jmo

Hey Reb,

I understand and your right, I would venture to say that Tater was tired after banging on Garfield at least 4 times... My comments weren't directed at you, I went to Bill because Garfield was accused of Brake Checking on several occasions that night. I asked Bill Mc. about brake checking, he stated absolutely not... I know Bill helps Garfield, but I trust Bill's word...

yeah bill is a pretty straight up guy..........i dont think garfield was brake checking tator in the turns, i think tator was just getting a better run in the turns than garfield, but couldnt do anything with it.......but when they came out of the turns garfield could pull him down the straightaway with that new speed he found.........jmo

Archived