TPS race called off for 8/13/05

NickHolt

G B what about the years around 1995 there was almost 20 cars every saturday night and it was very close racing you , me and horton , jesse , mike and mark we had all types of cars and it was real competive you didnt know who would win thats when you had your black v w but we made it even with weight

In 1995 I won 20 races,my brother won 4 with his Corolla,and Pappy won 1 out of a 25 race season.This year I only have 4 wins and may not get another.We have had 5 different winners so far.VW,Neon,Acura Mustang.Everybody has a chance now.The only advantage FWD cars had was a locked differential that could hide handeling problems.What happened with Pro Sedans had nothing to do with that.Everyone is looking in the wrong place.By 1999 I was carring over 300# of lead.I won my last race with the Scirroco and had enough of adding weight to help the Fords.The car was dangerious weighing more than the suspension could handle.So i built the Ghia and it was outlawed a year later.So I raced with Pro Sedans and could not stay with the Fords at San Antonio in the straightaway.2110cc at 1700#s with a 44 idf Weber.And the Ghia was much more powerful than any FWD i have owned.How do you think the 4 cars broke the record anyhow?One is a RWD.I know but I am not saying. What did they have in common? 77

Archived