TPS race called off for 8/13/05

NickHolt

For Immediate Release - July 20, 2005

Texas Pro Sedan event set for August 13 at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway called off

Texas Pro Sedan Founder and Race Director Neil Upchurch announced today that the TPS race event scheduled for August 13, 2005, at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway has been cancelled by mutual agreement between TPS and CCMS track manager Owen Pittman.

"Our TPS members have always enjoyed racing at Corpus Christi and we hope to return to the speedway in 2006," Upchurch said. "Several of our top drivers live in the CC area and I know their fans have enjoyed watching them compete in our TPS past events at CCMS."

Upchurch also said that negotiations are under way with other tracks to replace the August 13 cancelled race.

The Texas Pro Sedan series, which is celebrating its 30th consecutive racing season in 2005, is next scheduled to compete at Thunder Hill Raceway on July 30.

Well, from my perspective, that (edited by Hartracn19 before Nick Holt did.)

I for one think that CCMS is a great track to race on. I am truly sorry that TPS will not be back there this year. I hope TPS and CCMS can work out something for 2006.

Something about that wall all the way around the track that adds some excitement to every lap.

(HMMM, maybe Thunder Hill can add a wall all the way around? :o )

This is a realy bad deal. What happend at the last TPS race at CCMS I wish did not happen. Something sort of like that happend at the F1 race at Indy this year, and that's a bummer. Everybody loses out, the track, the racers, the fans, and the sponsers. That's a bummer.

Neon Will

This is a realy bad deal. What happend at the last TPS race at CCMS I wish did not happen

is that the race where the guy qualified 5th and then decided to park his car.......then after the race decided to go and put up money to protest the top 3 cars or something to that effect...........was that the last tps race at ccms or was that at another track???.........sounds like a bad deal for the tps fans in corpus that were looking foward to the show on august 13th........

yea that was the last race at ccms the one where 4 cars beat the track record that was sent by a unrestricted ford

That was also the race where the track record holder did not take time trials. Who knows how well he might have done. Perhaps he could have set a new track record ahead of the four who broke the old record.

Nick Holt

Could be wrong....<NOT!> but it sounds like the record breakers did their homework...why can't everyone accept that AND MOVE ON!

Give it a rest!

ok so slysnake so lets say you do your homework and get your car where it will run with the other cars and then they say well because you drive a ford you have to run a restrictor and change your left side weight instead of 58% you can only run 56% sonow thats ok :o:o:o:o

Ok so lets say you cannot run you 108" wheelbase car,because everyone is switching to 103" wheelbase cars,and you have a straight frame car which you cannot run because said group is only going to be allowed to run perimeter frames only,at least Neil does not totally obsolete the existing cars like other organizations and tracks have usually much to their demise.The cars are close,it is quite ovious judging by the performance of the #2 car at THR when he won and CC is not the horsepower track.When is your car coming out?

I would like to see a across the board left side weight of 55%,just my opion since we weigh with the drivers now.But I know some of the cars cannot get below 56%,this would bring some cars up and also bring some

back down on the handling situation.No I am not complaining,it is just a thought going by my observations,and yes it is a opinion.what is your thought,I have seen some of the cars people complain about win with less,some of that is experience too.

i said it before and i'll say it again- DONNIE MOORE and BILL LEBARGE have been handing yall your asses for umteen years...

so ya'll spend the money , had exceptions added to the rules (until it was a one sided sinking ship) and now that neil has leveled the playing field - well your getting your asses handed to you again.....maybe you guys should start your own series, you can call it the 'KleeneX Cup Series'-consisting of all the guys that spent their asses, lost their asses and now cry their asses off! you wanna run some of the stuff neil is letting you run, then build a late model and can quit making excuses when you get beat by lesser equipment/more experience ...............................

and p.s.- get a new spokesman !!!!!

donnie moore and bill are very good and i hope your not saying im the spokeperson i have nothing to do with the pro sedans or the fords im just a person that likes to see a even playing field and its been a long time i think it was very close at the start of the season till they started slowing cars down . and i really think there should be a pro 4 series ibeleave there is enough rear wheel drives that would run and i think you would have a lot of cars come out of the closet if someone would start it i bet ford might even sponser the series.

... and i really think there should be a pro 4 series ibeleave there is enough rear wheel drives that would run and i think you would have a lot of cars come out of the closet if someone would start it i bet ford might even sponser the series.

Go for it Steven. I bet you could do a much better job running a series than Neil. Let me know when you have your first Ford sponsored race - I want to be there for that one.

Nick Holt

How do you think the cars were slowed down since the start of the season? By letting the SVO esslinger heads go to a 40mm plate instead of a 38mm?Tell me what rules have been changed other then that this year. Also some of the disadvantaged cars you speak of have been sent to the back after a spin or incident and still come back to finish third or a position or so lower.Oh yes you haven't been to a race in 5 years.Let it go,things have changed in the past 10 to 15 years.

Steven, how far are you going to go with this? Go buy a car and lets go race, just like the old days. I have my old neon for sale and I will make you a heck of a deal on it for you. You can sell some of your tools to help pay for it, like your carb adjusting tools and your timing light and stuff. Neon Will

Nick,

Do you have any of those special light air chassis that would work for the TPS? I would be willing to pitch in to help cRt get one if that would shut him up. That would be a win-win situation for everyone. Just think of the possibilities.

you know if you people dont want to read about my comments then go to another board . i dont make anyone read my post and nick you do a good job here but lets get one thing straight im not starting a rwd only class . will isnt the neon a fwd ? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

All this bickering reminds me of what happened to Mini Stocks at CC Motor Speedway to end their existance in 2000.The Ford guys had gotten the rules changed almost weekly until there were no front wheel drive cars left including me.I brought out a Karman Ghia,rear driver, and there were 8 cars left racing with mine.4 were fast,faster than the Super Streets by almost half a second but the show was lousey.There was bad blood between 2 of the Ford teams and after every race, cursing yelling and bad behaviour prevailed.Point is even after the Ford guys got everything they wanted including all rear wheel drive cars,they were not happy.Neather was the track and Dan Monroe fired them in July of 2000.He declaired the points leader as champion and thanked everyone and said goodby.The rivalery between Fords and VWs has gone on for 30 years since the Pinto started racing against the bugs.Now there are many kinds of cars that can successfully race in mini stocks and the rivalery continues.What happened to the VW Bugs?They became very expensive and oblosete.Most of the Bug guys moved on to the front drivers because thats all VW made. Over 35 years of racing has taught me that rules are responsible for almost all of the demise of minis across the state.No rule is fair for all brands of cars other than the things they have in common.I applaude CC Motor Speedway for recogniseing that and immediately opened a Thunder Car Class,modeled closley after the Thunder Cars that were having success at Rio Grande Speedway.The rules were put on the things the cars had in common.....Stock bodies,tires,safty,non racing suspension parts.No engine rules or percentages.In 1998 RGS threw out front wheel drive cars and car count went from 20 + to 3.They never really recovered from that.......Heres the deal....At CC Motor Speedway the 4 cyl cars have a relaxed set of rules but the main one is the street tire required makes most of the cars more powerful than they can use so lots of engine rules are not necessary.A minimum weight and a claimer rule keeps someone from buying the wins.There are checks and balances to keep the competetion equal.The things that Pro Sedan Drivers are angry about dont exist.So why are the Fords not winning all the races?The race itsself determans the outcome.Who has the breaks,luck,good performance for the nite,and desire.We always considered the Pro Sedan Class to be a stepping up to a higher level of racing for our guys for those who wanted a greater challange.Kind of like Cup Racing.I dont want to see it destroyed like our mini stock class was.Donnie Yockum once told me the people who win races will win no matter what the rules are and he is right.IMCA found the formula to even out the playing field for modifieds and it works on all race cars.Make the cars faster than they can run and see who can drive.If I was to change anything in Pro Sedans I would put everyone on 7" street tires with a treadwear of 250 minimum and start the fastest cars in the rear and make every race at least 50 laps.Then we would see who is really great.This would be a drivers race.Dont believe me? Watch a Texas Thunder Race at CC Motor Speedway. ;)

Archived