crowd controll

kevin bowen

Its been said that the drivers are responsible for the crews actions right . Well That needs to be extended to their family in the stands as well . When the crash in turn 1 happened people flocked to the fence to see the action including small children . I saw alot of fans getting upset abuot the language that was used in front of their kids . Anyone in the vacinity knows what im talking about . It needs to stop before people leave and not come back . It was a racing thing , 2 cars get together and neither wants to lift and gather it up , so they both end up in the wall . My opinion is both were at fault and no one came out a winner , Was one spot worth the damage? no . We are out there to have fun , we are not racin for a livin .

We are out there to have fun , we are not racin for a livin .

Wow, great way to put it. No matter which topic you pick on this board, I think this statement could and should ring true many times through. It seems a lot of drivers are racing like it's a living, when it's not. Yeah, maybe a little extra $$ in the pocket... MAYBE... usually not though. So, these words are extremely truthful it seems, and need to be thought of often.

100% agree...

We, as drivers, must ALWAYS remember that there are little eyes & ears around us, that look up to us, that mimick us, that want to be like us...

that is a HUGE responsibility that comes with this hobby...

I am definitely no angel and have had to muster a ton of restraint at times...so if you're gonna race, step up to the plate and take the responsibility that comes with it...cause you can't have your cake and eat it too...

jmo :unsure:

Rick

crazy wife or what ever how about this one (,trample the weak and hurdle the dead) sound familliar ? That even seems to be the attitude of some of the drivers doesnt it ? Iguess you guys missed the point all together . It was about what they hear at the track and its not just the kids its the adults as well . If my little foot note offends you or your kids , ill remove it , just ask . Im actually nice like that some times believe it or not . The quote is from a song about someone who likes someone else an awfull lot untill the actually figure them out . Kinda backwards from the attitudes lately huh . I will not get into a stupid forum fight over this but i stand very strong on what i have posted , just think about it mam , im defending your children for you , and you also if you dont care to hear what too many fans had to hear sat nite . By the way colt , wasnt it your dad that tried to grab little lafont by the neck the other nite ?

Kevin I am not trying to get in a battle with you . I dont know you and I was pointing out an obvious fact that you are sitting here preaching for us to watch are language when you have a song quote that says " I like your pants around your feet" if its all good how about posting the full lyrics of the song on here? I know if I had a young kid that would not be something I would want him to read or listen too. I live 1000 miles away so I dont know what goes on out there and what went on with my dad I have no clue and why would that concern me am I responsible for his actions or something? And you down crazyhorse quote of "trample the weak hurdle the dead" I dont see crazy horse on here being a hypocrite like you and preaching for us to watch are language. But you get on here and post like you are freaking the next Jeff gordon or Kasey Kahne with some of your post. How about spending a few hours away from the computer and alittle more working on the car and start listening to something better than nickelback.

By the way colt , wasnt it your dad that tried to grab little lafont by the neck the other nite ?

no{self edited} it was me! ,and one of these days somebodys gonna kick that soap box right out from under neath you....you' give tbs a bad name..............

You know what guys , this is just crazy , i made a statement about language around kids AT THE TRACK . but it seems everyone is ready to slam anyone who posts anything on this site , i was gona wish horse happy b-day but i figured that would be taken wrong too. I heard the incident was w/terry, shawn. I wasnt trying to cut you out of the action . well since i guess im such a bad influence for trying to stop a REAL problem that has to do with the survival of our track then i guess im done with this site all together . you guys have fun . Im done.

nothing ,i felt should even have been mentioned of the incident of 2 weeks ago. we're serving our punishment and that's where it stands....terry and joey are two class act guys and i'm sure if i got toknow you i'd probably think the same about you..i apologize for what i said i just felt like we went this long with no mention of the incident, and it kinda floored me to see it now...it's just an internet forum- i try not to take it to heart , and i hope you will to and continue to be apart of it....

lmao.........or a diaper............just kidding.........man everyone seems to be all pissy here lately.........a couple of other threads got kinda testy too..........its not a big deal, i mean there are kids out there with terminal illnesses and kids who are having to live without their parents who are in iraq, and we are here bitching about silly stuff.........

i mean there are kids out there with terminal illnesses and kids who are having to live without their parents who are in iraq, and we are here bitching about silly stuff.........

amen brother- it makes anything and everything sound symplistic that we moan about when you put it out there like that.....

Archived