Bad Boyz

the tire rule is a bad move. as a driver i am not going to buy another set of tires when money is as tight as it is. the free pass is good. the run what you brung is also bad because then it knocks out the buget racers and then money dominates. just think who wants to run there late model aginst a late model with neer romco hp mtr not much since there

From some limited testing I saw at THR last year, the American Racer tires (slicks) were 2 to 3 tenths faster than the Hoosiers currently run at THR. So the THR cars who wish to run at BBSOR this year will most likely be at somewhat a disadvantage unless they can afford another set of tires.

If BBSOR was hoping to draw cars from THR, this doesn't seem like the way to start out.

So can anyone tell us what the old track records were for the various classes at Longhorn?

cs

First of all, this is NOT a run what you brung deal. The rules are very similar to THR's rule with the exception of the late models have been opened up some. The American Racer tire is a 8 inch slick for the late models and the streets. For pures and hobbies it is an econmy asphalt racing tire. These tires are less exspensive than the Hoosiers and was told "will last up to three times longer." As i said before, the cars running at THR will be 'grandfathered' for this year. It' a log time until next season, some things could change. The wheelbase rule will be the same.

The rim sizes will be the same as what you are running now. I'm trying to save some money on tire bills. May we can work out something with Brian during the off season. The slicks will $100 with tax and the econ tires will be $75 with tax.

Wayne,

If Bad Boyz Speedorama intends to encourage THR cars to run Fridays at BBS and Saturdays at THR, then BBS should run the same tires that THR runs as well as the same rules that THR employs.

However, if Mr. Miller intends to compete with THR, then going to a different tire makes sense. Going to the American Racer tire could put a pretty sizable roadblock up for most teams. Since you are a racer yourself, you know that one of the biggest expenses for race teams is the weekly tire bill. With BBS asking the teams to run American Racers on Friday and THR asking the same teams to run Hoosiers on Saturday, it appears that some teams will have to choose between the two tracks instead of running both.

Just my .02 cents.

Nick Holt

Nick,

The Late Model rules have enough deviation from the THR/TSRS rules that it raises similar questions. Any head, any intake, mini-clutches, lower total weight, higher left side, etc. These are not the kind of things you can easily or quickly change on a Saturday morning. But the one that I really don't understand is the radio rule, why no radios?

Nevertheless, it looks like these "boyz" are serious! Best of luck to the BBSOR owners and staff...

BRAD & JP

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU

THE RULES ARE SO FAR OFF TSRS&TH LM(FOR KATHY) THAT YOU WOULD HAVE ALOT OF CHANGES TO THE CARS DRIVETRAIN.

GOOD LUCK TO BBSOR IT'S THE FIRST TRACK I RACED AT AND I'M SURE I'LL BE OUT TO WATCH AND SUPPORT THE RACING

It does sound like he is trying to compete but how many teams are really wanting to run two nights a week? Does the tire deal really change thaqt number or does it just make an excuse. I've know racers that would sell thier own liver if it gave them enough money to compete the next week.

It sounds like they are trying to get some of the old LM back that used to run Longhorn and get some of the guys that don't want to run TSRS with the rules they made. The tire deal makes snce if AM. Racer has put up money to the BBS purse. All and all its sounds as though BBS is really serious about making the track work.

I still would like to see more cooperation between the two instead of more competition. My question is who should be working with who. Since BBS is new and THR is the established track should BBS be working with THR? OR Due to supply and demand should THR work with BBS becasue BBS is cheaper to race at and may draw cars away from THR?

Iam sure glad to see this much interest. For those of you who are running TSRS and not THR any more, what are you worried about? You quit THR's weekly program to run every two to three weeks. The rules are designed to allow some of the old late models back.They, however not set in stone yet. Alot of these rules are easier on me and I know some of ya'll are using these parts anyway. The tire deal is not to stir up trouble with THR. I personally have never liked the cost of the Hossiers nor the fact they wear out sooner. As I said before, this years cars are "grandfathered." I would like more input from the late model drivers though.

For those of you interested, there will be rules availabe tomorrow at the track. Also check on the web page. We will also be registering cars.

Wayne

Wayne,

How long are these current rules for BBSOR going to last? I mean I don't want to build a 112" wheelbase pure stock if there is going to be a 110" or 108" bomber class next year. Any idea on how many cars will be at practice on 6/10? I'll be there to pic up some rules and maybe to register.

Archived