High Limit Sprint Car Series buys ASCOC

rebelracewriter

High Limit Sprint Car Series buys ASCOC

Shane Walters
October 23, 2023

All-Star Circuit of Champions sold to Kyle Larson and Brad Sweet

Tony Stewart is embedded in the world of motorsports. He is a co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing in the NASCAR Cup Series and the SRX Series. Beyond that, he also owns Eldora Speedway, Tony Stewart Racing and until today he owned the All-Star Circuit of Champions.

Kyle Larson’s High Limit Sprint Car Series has acquired the ASCOC. The series was founded this year with co-owner Brad Sweet.

All-Star Circuit of Champions carries a variety of racing divisions. However, they’re claim to fame is the 410 sprint car division.

The ASCOC was born in 1970. Stewart purchased the series in 2015. Now, the torch has been passed.

Kyle Larson comments

“Sprint Car racing is in a better place today because of the contributions Tony has made, including his ownership of the All Stars” said Kyle Larson, co-owner of the High Limit Sprint Car Series.

“His commitment to giving back to the sport has been an inspiration to me, personally. Brad and I share his passion for making the business side of the sport better for teams, drivers and sponsors and we’re thankful for Tony’s trust in us to carry on what he started.”

Kyle Larson is Tony Stewart’s biggest regret in NASCAR racing

Brad Sweet comments

“We’ve learned a lot throughout our inaugural midweek season this year,” said Sweet.

“We have a strong desire to expand on what we’ve learned and continue to contribute to and grow sprint car racing. Kyle and I, like Tony, believe in this sport and want to provide more opportunities for teams, drivers and tracks. We’re looking forward to more announcements coming soon.”

Tony Stewart and Conor Daly - Joe Skibinski (1) Tony Stewart and Conor Daly (Photo: Joe Skibinski)

Tony Stewart comments

“When I purchased the All Stars in 2015, my intention was to unite what had become a divided class of regional 410 winged sprint car racing,” said Tony Stewart.

“Over the last nine years, not only have we unified, but we also pushed the boundaries on our geographic footprint, purse structure and race format, while providing a Series that has groomed young talent and provided a continued course for our seasoned veteran drivers.”

“I am extremely proud of our accomplishments. We have developed great relationships with corporate partners, tracks, promoters, team owners and drivers, all of which have contributed to the success of the All Star Series.”

Passing the torch

“The time is right to pass the torch to Kyle and Brad. I have had many conversations with them both on their overall vision for 410 racing and I am confident that with their leadership, the sport will continue to thrive into the foreseeable future.”

Stewart added, “I am honored to have my name listed next to Bud Miller, Bert & Brigitte Emick and Guy Webb as one of four to have owned the All Stars since 1970. I certainly need to recognize and thank our employees. Our Series Directors, Don Grabey, Eric Walls and Kevin Nouse, have all contributed immensely to the Series and to the sport. The Series Director role is a thankless job and I appreciate their efforts.”

“Blake Anderson and Ross Paulson are our longest tenured employees, having been with the All Stars since the inception of my ownership. Their enthusiasm and dedication to the All Stars and 410 racing are unparalleled. Kenny (Osborne), Erin (Noel), John (Menear), Tyler (Altmeyer), Steve (Topper), Gooch (Jeff Patterson) and Logan (Nouse) were the most recent part of the integral team that allowed us to remain humbly successful over the course of nearly a decade.”

“I look forward to our final banquet in December to celebrate with all our constituents.”

2023 final point standings for the High Limit Sprint Car Series

Links

Kyle Larson | Brad Sweet | Tony Stewart | High Limit Sprint Car Series