Update from TMS

ChuckLicata

Hey gang...

I'm sitting in the media room right now, and it's pretty bleak sight outside. :(

It quit raining about 2 p.m., and they were drying the track in hopes of getting some practice in for both IRL and the Trucks (they've cancelled Trucks qualifying--I've got the lineup in Press Releases Forum). They had hopes of getting the IRL cars out for practice at 5 p.m. But, it just started raining again; not sure now what they're going to do--we don't know cuz of the rain.

If you're coming up here, throw your rain-gear into the car/truck you drive up. Also, be prepared for the schedule of events to change at the last second--I'm sure they're already making contingency plans for tonight, in hopes of getting some kind of practice for both IRL and the Trucks...

More later... B)

IT'S LATER...

Just FYI...The weather forecast calls for T-showers tonight...then tomorrow, mix of sun and clouds, 50% chance of rain tomorrow...then Saturday, 20% chance of rain...

:D Chuck if you are in a camper up there you will notice that most of them carry a few bales of hay,I learned at the NASCAR race that is in case it rains so they can get easier,if you're not camping up there you don't know what you are missing.

Hey gang, here's the latest from up here...

NCTS will run Happy Hour from 7:00-8:00pm. IndyCar Series will practice from 4:45-6:45pm. Indy Racing League IndyCar Series will qualify at 8:15pm.

Here's an update at 5:45 p.m....

The IRL gang did not get started at 4:45 as they had hoped..I'm at the hotel, and it's cleared up just a little bit, but I doubt Indy Cars got going..I'm guessing they'll try to get the NCTS Happy Hour in from 7-8...I'm headed back to TMS at 6:15...

Kris, I'll check in then to see if I can find Linda or Terry, and get some kind of car-count for ROMCO....

I had to call Terry to ask about race fuel this afternoon. While I was on the phone I asked him about the car count. He said that 33 cars have pre-paid and he is sure of 2 more that will show up. Also Sunoco Standard race fuel will be available at the track - not that anybody asked about that :D

Kris.

Archived