Dos XX Nickel Beer Night/Larry Roberts Tribute

South Texas Race Ranch looks to put on a scorching event as hot as the South Texas weather this Father's Day Eve. Five Classes are on the schedule this evening, Pro Line Pure Stocks, AOC Auto Parts EMod, Top Hat Micro Mod, Double J Jerky Limited Mod and Sames Ford Factory Stock. Steven Whiteaker III covered the Pure Stock field Memorial Day weekend and will look for a repeat performance tonight and carry on that long pedigree of dirt track racing of the Whiteaker family. Gilbert Perez III will also try to perpetuate his dominance in the Micro Mods. Jaden Edmond is also back in the EMod after claiming the checkers edging out Daniel Preston in a drag race to the line last time out. We will have a new Winner in the Factory Stock and Limited Modifieds as I didn't see Johnny Torres or Jarrett Barber listed on the entries, but both of those classes are arguably the most competitive classes across the state. There are a few cars/drivers I haven't seen or seen in awhile here tonight and they'll throw their names into the mix.

Tonight will also be an emotional night as we tribute track announcer and longtime supporter of South Texas racing, Mr. Larry Roberts who passed away last week. He was more than an announcer and beer supplier, but a fan and friend to many out here. His passion for racing is undoubted and he would do anything to help the track and drivers be successful.  His presence at the Race Ranch will be missed. 

One last side note, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and to the ones watching over us from above. I hope all of you got as lucky as I did with my dad and for those missing their dad, I hope you have fond memories with them.

Remember all Results are Unofficial and commentary is based on my observations from the stands and I have no contact with track officials during the event. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaither with a strong move on the outside gets around Van Blarcum and challenges King but Whiteaker right under him as the top 3 check out. Whiteaker with a strong move and takes the lead low entering 3. Dear in 4th trying to reel in the top 3 followed by Walter's halfway through.