CCMS needs better lights

jamie37

And kyle needs to get another groove. And sas needs to fix all they bumps in the track every one always has something bad to say about other tracks but never anything about there home track. How did this come off a post about pics from the races at ccms.

Krusty Rusty,

And the obvious reason for that is those cars carry more speed into the turns. Right now their saying "Hey, what's the problem, we've got two groove racing going on right now out here with our locals." My answer is yeah they probably do. It's been hot and dry lately, but wait until the next heavy rain. Then their back to square one, with a green track.

kyle has 2 grooves for everything but TAMS, Late models, and super late models, and it IS a one groove race track for these classes.

If you started TAMS and USRA inverted like the local classes do, you'd see just as much 2-groove racing as you see in the local classes. Why is that so hard for people to see? The touring series generally start heads-up for the most part with the exception of a small pointless invert. That's the difference.

And the late models run two grooves as well. James Reeder has used the 2nd groove to win just about every feature he's won this season, and he's won most of them. If you meant the TSRS late models, then see paragraph 1.

Aw hell LL,

If it were a half mile from your house, YOU'D be the one complainin loudest to the Kyle city council about all the noise.  

No, Brian, Mary Ann and all the people at the race track would call the PD to complain about all the damn racket my kids make!

Haven't had a chance to make all of the Kyle races, but have seen every TSRS race there, and noticed last race when Reeder was sent to the back he was trying the outside on cars at the rear of the lead lap with no success, and also in the first race there I noticed his preferred passing method was two tires in the dirt and banking off the car above him

if you want to talk about bad lighting go to Hot Rod Hill. I am not knocking the peop;le that run it they are making the most of the situation and it looks like they are in the process of install perma nent lighting . On the other hand great racing i look forward to going back in the future.

krusty...i don't know what race you were watching. the last race when he tried to go to he outside the driver (no name) didn't give him a lane. And the other race you must not of been watching that, because i don't ever recall him going in the dirt to pass anybody or banking off of them.

Haven't had a chance to make all of the Kyle races, but have seen every TSRS race there, and noticed last race when Reeder was sent to the back he was trying the outside on cars at the rear of the lead lap with no success, and also in the first race there I noticed his preferred passing method was two tires in the dirt and banking off the car above him

Krusty I wasn't trying to start a debate about Reeder's driving. I was merely trying to find the best example of the 2-groove racing in the LM class.

The point was about the invert. And before I get jumped on about suggesting that these series start inverted, please note that I didn't suggest that either - just pointing out the reason for the difference in the quality of racing between the locals and touring series.

its 2 grooves he should have easily gotten by him on the outside.

the first race he banked off the 5 car going to turn 1 with about 10 or so to go

SS, i do agree with you that there would be alot more 2 wide racing in the back if they inverted the whole field, but i think you would see alot of cautions like you did the last with alot of impatient fellas out there behind the wheel.

[Edited out by Nick Holt, 6/17/05] It is hard for Super late models to pass but Ive seen many Late Models pass on the outside. JMO> But the lighting is bad at CCMS but I still like the track very much. [Edited out by Nick Holt, 6/17/05]

look now when i think of late models at THR i think of TSRS and the only car ive seen pull off passing on the outside like a bad mofo is bobby joe but still isn't effective in the top 8 even when you are much quicker than the guy in front of you, because the the rumor ive heard true their and seems pretty close to correct is you have to 4 or 5 tenths quicker than the guy in front of you in a late model to pull the pass on the outside off.

Archived