Remaining ADRL Dates Canceled, Sanction Closed

Remaining ADRL Dates Canceled, Sanction Closed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ST. LOUIS – The American Drag Racing League announced today the 2022 Extreme Racing Oil & Fuel ADRL Tour Presented by RJS racing is cancelling the remaining dates and the ADRL as a drag racing sanction is being shuttered, effective immediately.

ADRL General Manager Andy Carter recently signed a contract with a new organization, one that doesn't allow working with other drag racing teams or associations. Carter has released the following statement regarding the cancellation of the 2022 season and the closure of the ADRL:

"Regretfully, today we have made the decision to not move forward with the remaining dates of the ADRL's 2022 season.

"I have taken an new role within our industry that comes with a strict no-compete clause. Trying to manage an organization like ADRL is a big endeavor and rebuilding the brand makes it even tougher. Mel Roth, who ran the day-to-day operations. and I have discussed every option out there and between his business, the races he already promotes, and other commitments, it would be impossible for him to continue running the sanction on his own.

"We are truly saddened to have to make this decision. Mel and I both believed in the brand and wanted to be able to rebuild the organization.

"Finally and most importantly, good luck to all the racers; you guys are really what drag racing is all about.

Thanks,

Andy Carter"