Robert Richardson Tms motor

racegirl3320

good for entry level, not SLM, makes cheating easier, kant rebuild right away in your own shop, puts the mom and pop shops out of business, big money teams will buy numerous engines, dyno them, sell the junk to lower budget teams. No different than today.

If they dont do something, they wont have to worry about selling to the low budget teams, there wont be any.....

I think that's the point.. How can a "low budget" team compete at TMS against a team with the willingness and resources to spend $30K+ on a motor. To borrow from another thread, that is one of the contributors to the growth of the touring series as well. When the "low budget" teams get tired of being out spent instead of out run, they will turn to a series where the rules are written to prevent someone from just "buying a win". Don't take that as an insult to the talent behind the wheel for the better financed teams, it just means it is not a level playing field and for someone who has talent, or believes they have talent, being consistently relegated to mid pack because they can't afford to "run with the big dogs" means that a least some of them are going to go looking for a series where they feel they will get a better chance at a fair deal.

Why your talking cutting cost just don't pick on the engines, why not cut tire cost run recaps, or maybe cut car cost, maybe run 12 bolt chevy rear ends with stock chassis.what im getting at if your going to run SLM don't try to make them a cheap car it is not going to happen. If you really want to cut cost run run 50 laps races instead of 125 run less races maybe only ten a year limit how many tires you can run and no testing a couple of weeks ahead of the race.Open the race tracks at 4 in the afternoon instead of making everybody get there at 9 in the mornings, where people out of town don't have to get a motel room the night before or take off work an extra day. JMO

Robert,

Im out....Talked to the wife and she said I would have to take my lunch to work for over 16 years straight. I like to eat out on Fridays.

On the serious side, it's a top notch motor and if you've got it in your budget it's a no brainer for TMS.

It looks as though from your schedule this year (ARCA and SES) you are looking to move up through the ranks. Is this a sign that you are looking to bow out of USRA (at least TMS) and run some series that have diffrent engine rules?

lol Legend96- yeah, i'm getting out of USRA for the most part, Looking to run ARCA full time next year, and maybe a few Craftsman Truck races. But we will no longer run @ TMS unless it's another series.

Horsepower- we demolished our car at KY, was running 3rd, then was going by Fultz for 2nd, and got pinched to the apron and looped it, then......KABOOM. Nite Nite

Track Announcer- WTF??

they went by their own rules on the all pro deal, I had no effect on their decision. I had my straight rail ready for the race as well. So, either way, i would have raced that race, allpro bod or not.

Good luck with your future racing plans, getting the experience in those type of series will be a challenge and a lot work, I'm sure you will do well. Just keep a super-late model on the side so you can race in some of these special events when you have the time. When's your next ARCA race?

Archived