JR on everyones *&^% list

racerx

Associated Press

CONCORD, N.C. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. was jeered by the fans, criticized by his fired crew chief and ripped by his uncle, the man who typically has been his most loyal supporter.

Add in his season-long slump and the five-car accident he caused in the Coca-Cola 600 by running into his teammate, and the situation becomes all too clear: NASCAR's biggest star is in big, big trouble.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?s...s=wc&id=2072069

Jr. is a good driver, and so are most of the other 43 drivers in the cup series. Everyone has highs and lows; he's obviously in a slump now, but he'll get back up there eventually...then hit another slump. Look at how well Bobby did! Man, that would've been great to see him win one again! His slump has lasted a bit too long! That damn 48 had to go and steal the spotlight! Anyhoo, NASCAR wouldn't be any fun if you kept seeing a red #8 up front all the time, or a #24 or 48 or 16....you get the picture?

Sonny, tell everybody at RHC I say hi.

Robert

Junior is a good driver.I agree with that.I'm just saying his ratio of hype to accomplishment is way out of wack.We all know why that is(daddy).Jr. will win again,and maybe snag a championship,but for him to have more press time than Gordon/Johnson/and Biffle right now,even while in a slump,is insane.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has 195 Cup starts under his belt. He's won 15 times, finished in the top five 55 times and has 84 top-10s.

After his first 195 Cup races, Dale Earnhardt had 13 victories, 70 top-five finishes and 113 top-10s

Take that for what its worth

My take on the wreck Sunday, Jr. looked low thru the first dogleg to pass the 15, saw the 15 go low so Jr. was gonna go high, then at the s/f line the 15 moved back up to the high lane and Jr. hit him, sure it was Jr's fault but its not like it was the worst move in Nascar history like some people make it out to be

The Earnhardt haters and naysayers dissapeared for a while after Feb. 2001, but they are back in full force now

Jr. won those 15 races in a perfect situation.Now it isn't so perfect,can he overcome?Gordon did it after Ray left the team.If Jr. gets it all smoothed out,he will be back in good graces.If he flounders,he will just be another flash in the pan.As for what was said about Patrick...if she never wins a race,the media and marketers will have made a big mistake their also.Hyped up because of your daddy or your gender...it's all sad and typical.Grab the peeps that accomplish...hype them up.

BTW...Jr. was locked into the Bud deal before he even won a Busch race in daddy's car.He had Cup adds running in his Bud Cup car halfway through his last Busch season.....accomplishments guys...cmon.

Like I said in an earlier post...he will prolly win again and maybe snag a championship.When that happens...hype him like no tomorrow. <_<

You know Im a big Jr. fan but your right. My Dad is a big Ken Schrader fan and I see why.... Cause hes raced alot of different short track races(besides the cup races he runs) and some hes done well and others he may not have but the point is he races to race. I think Jr. races to race but from what I hear he didnt even do as much racing before he made it in the big times as lets say Jeff Gordon. I know Im kind of goin off subject here but I can see where people are comin from when they say he has yet to prove himself.

i've got a prediction for next season- michael waltrip in the penske #2....

larry mac said it best the other night in reference to the crew chief ordeal "he needs someone to put him in his place."

When Jr. hit the big time, he was a punk .. but his daddy loved him and tried to teach him... without success. Now he's finding out what most of the other drivers know: it's NOT easy when you don't have the best of everything.

To his credit, he's matured and learned a lot in the past year. I don't hate him anymore .. but he's not my favorite either.

Sure wish Robby Gordon & Mark Martin could get a break...

Archived