Patrick makes history at INDY

NickHolt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said this several months ago and I will say it again. Nascar is going through now what Indy cars went through in the 80's. Explosive popularity and beaucoup money. Then it started narrowing down to several super teams, and that led to the cart/irl split. All the while this waas going on nascar started making inroads into Indy's market share. But NASCAR will keep going until you have only a few teams fighting it out, all the cars are exactly the same and people will start looking for something different. BANG a Danica Patrick comes along and gives them something to talk about. Look out in 5 years NaASCAR will have half the share it has now, they will have turned off a huge part of their fan base and Indy car will be King of TV and the wheel just keeps on turning.

Have you guys noticed the phrase..."Americas fastest growing sport"...has disappeared from the telecasts.All you hear about now is which tracks don't sell out.As far as the series going the way of F1 or CART,just look at the stats/teams/track owners/diversity.ASA failed with "IROC" type cars...let's hope that Roush and Hendrick drivers can win equally so it doesn't boil down to the Hendrick Cup racing series,or Roush Cup series.Look it up...where do most of the engines/chasis/transmisions/rearends etc. come from...mostly from very few manufacturers.The diversity is going away.Maybe Toyota and Honda can help.The only problem is,Roush would be Toyota and Hendrick would be Honda and the big three would be backing Hooters Pro Cup racers.

Ok,I know I'm getting carried away now,but those are just some of me and my friends worries.I sure hope the cat is in the other tree. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wasn't this thread about the female driver???

I can't figure out why she didn't need to stop at lap 100 to PEE!

:lol::P:D:lol::)

She did an excellent job and deserves all the good comments she is receiving.

Maybe Penske will hire her next.

Good Job Ms. Patrick,

Mel

Can't wait for her 2006 Calendar. As I said ........... a marketers dream come true!

Who said she's not a girl, she considers herself a racer only? She's quite obviously fully aware she's a girl when she's not in a race car, and is keenly aware enough to be prepared to take full advantage of that fact.

Marc Madison, who drives the #19 TAMS modified, forced me to go to the website listed in this post. http://www.indymotorspeedway.com/danica.htm

Of course, I didn't look and I didn't bookmark the site either.

Note to self: Make appointment with doc to see why nose is growing longer.

Nick Holt

Archived