The new speed secret.....

Pacecar

guess thats why alot of my guys use scented fuel additives in their racecars to make their race fuel smell of different flavors and scents so i dont get rage and anger when they mess up-lmao

Studies now show that what a racer smells influences his/her driving!

Need to tone down Kurt Busch, let him smell the daisies.

His driving style lately tells me he has a fertilizer air freshener in his car.

Shane Hmiel's air freshener could get him arrested for possession of a controlled substance.........

From Jaski's site:

Air Freshner in a race car, less anger: With short-track Richmond International Raceway being the next stop on the NASCAR Nextel Cup circuit,don't be surprised to see Scott Riggs piloting his race machine around the0.75-mile track with an AroMetrics air freshener hanging from the roll cage.

In a recently released study, drivers were found to be more alert and experienced less fatigue when the scent of pine was added to the car interior. The study also revealed that drivers demonstrated a decreased level of anger [hmm.. maybe Kurt Busch, Michael Waltrip and Jeff Green can get some air freshners] and improved overall driving performance whenexposed to strawberry and pine scents.

"It's amazing that something as simple as a smell can make a difference while you're driving," offered Riggs, who will be behind the wheel of a specially designed AroMetrics/Valvoline Chevrolet in this weekend's Chevy American Revolution 400. "Imagine what a nice clean race we could have if everyone had AroMetrics in the car."

The researchers at Wheeling Jesuit University (Wheeling, W.Va.) who conducted the study, used a car simulator, exposing participants to pine and strawberry scents, and monitoring driving tendencies, including lane tracking, speed, collisions, and reaction times, as well as behavioral factors such as alertness, fatigue, anger and overall

performance. The study used AroMetrics' new Auto Fragrance System air fresheners as the method of dispensing the scent in the simulated car environment.

(MB2/MBV Motorsports)(5-13-2005)

In the car! hell put it in the helmet......I did not realize it stunk to high heaven until a friend was goofing around and put mine on.. almost had to call EMS.

just an advertisers gimmick. next they will try mood music & a scented candle.

another good air freshner-could hang some worn panties in the car-could make some drivers faster if the owner of the panties handed em to the driver before the race and said i'll be waiting for you after the race -then maybe not- :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P i'm bad-sorry-couldnt resist

another good air freshner-could hang some worn panties in the car

Uh...I don't think so...LMAO!

It's supposed to be RELAXING smells Tommy! :lol:

Archived