Not racing more important

We need to stop and look at just how sad things are going ..we have one to many school shootings .church shootings .too many officers being killed  and all shootings in general .. .I am strong in my beliefs in gun owner ship the right to bare arms though I own no weapons of trigger type and haven't in 40 years or so  , you have a right and choice to do so and glad to have you around if ever needed . my wife does not like guns and so I respect her enough not to own one ...will that change it may .... some of my reasons for the sad  state we are in now ..

>cant spank anymore .though my son got a couple ok a few was all he needed games taken away grounded worked good . the spanking from me was his choice once just once .and it was not a beating ..I showed mercy over what I got growing up /I haven't shot anyone ..

Children running free crying to get what they want and getting it .No does not mean No anymore . That did not happen with us .

Cell phones at 6 years old or younger  ..with out parent control . me they should not have it .... cell was   not available when our son was young .but he would not have gotten one .kids now days and grown ups cant do ten minutes with out a cell ..stupid ..

Social media for children and teens without parent control . we stayed on top .

Video games of gore childrens  sensitive shot to hell .he never got those .baseball football and racing .

movies .tv shows ..had to be clean .

yep rap music ..bad .

parents who think their kids can do no wrong or should get a trophy just for showing up .I told my son when he wanted to play first base over the other kid ..I said earn it get better and take it away from the others ..

Parents being kids best  friends .Your kid does not need a friend from outside .he she needs a parent from inside ...that is getting harder to find now days .

I hear the complaint about 18 years old being able to buy a ar15 ..one out of how many goes off the rocker and kills ..the argument is 18 can join the service and fight with a gun .. I  can agree with that argument don't seem fair . right ..the different that 18 year old is trained in the service to use the gun ...mental health ... well that is an open question ..when your child grows up without the proper guidance Read above ....it will and most likely give your child a good head start and help stop this down fall ...... I have always said all a parent can do is give the child the tools the best and hope for the best .when you give em nothing they become nothing  it starts at home ....

had a young man come into my garage a couple of weeks ago with two boxes of nike shoes .he was breathing hard from running and ask if he could charge his phone .I knew him not by name but in passing my house over time .so I said yes but I asked him if those items were stolen  he said no .I did not believe him and paid attention to him the way he acted and such wont go into long story but after a few minutes the police showed up and asked him if he was one of the boys who stole the items he said no and I said don't lie tell the officer the items are in the corner .. while he was sitting in the  police car with cuffs on I talked to him .told him I wasn't trying to be mean just that he needed to own up and get his life straighten out .I wasn't an enemy though I should have been really mad he used me but I saw a chance to help him if a could .told him if he needed a friend to talk too to help guild him in the right direction I would help him . he was thankful and used good manners .there is hope ..... sorry nick ..

Archived