Brakes

ffmedic42

Hey  guys, I need to get your opinion. Power brakes or manual brake for a pure stock? I'm going to re do my braking system. I'm adding rear disk brakes and changing the Master cylinder. I'm trying to figure out what would be best for a pure stock.  Thanks in advance

Either way suxs with what you have to work with...trouble shooting is rather hard I've been fighting it for the past 5 years...i finally said who needs brakes on dirt!!! 

With proper install and bleeding process manual has worked best for me but it was alot of effort!!! Lots of reading and lots of brake fluid!!!

we run power brakes on our pures  factory crap one has disk one has drum .. . prosedan manual , . spongy  feel either way .. i.m.o manual is better  you get the real feel of what braking you have and know the harder you push the more pressure you apply to your brakes before play out . power breaks in a race car are proven to be crappy ....as for bleeding brakes either buy  a  hand  held manual vacumm pump and pump the air out of the system. or run a hose from each fitting into a container of brake fluid to bleed the brakes ...or gravity bleed . it is rare  I use the pump the pedal and hold bleed and only  mainly if it is a hurry up deal  hold and release pedal  does not always get all the air out  and or only in extremely pain in the butt system that wont agree with the other ways to bleed .

Another thing to think of .standard rotors and or brake pads  will glaze up fast and no matter what you do  changing other parts chasing that problem  will be a waste ..will feeL like a bad booster or master.. even worn brake hoses will bite you ..

Archived