LOCAL TRACK TECH MEN?

racerboy2002

txtom,

What you are saying rings true. Front-wheel-drive technology is slowly, but surely taking over local salvage yards

One of the reasons I enjoy working with the Pro Sedans is that FWD cars compete on even terms with the RWD cars. As you know, most of my suspension engineering background is with the RWD Late Models, but when I was helping Anthony Jetter with his TPS FWD SAAB I really got into the FWD suspension engineering dynamics. It's really a whole new ball game.

TPS may be a bit ahead of its time, but anybody who looks towards the future should be able to see that the future of local stock car racing lies with what's readily available in the junk yard. In a few years most of what you find will be wrecked or worn-out four-cylinder, front-wheel-drive cars.

Nick Holt

Just my 2 cents!

Each class of cars has to have a distinct difference to give each class its own appeal to the fans. If all the cars are going to have the same wheel base and body styles they start to blend in with each other and you no longer have a distinct separation of the classes.

How bad have you got it! The cars are out there! You got to do a little work. The Caprice/Impala is still plentiful (mostly in the 4 door models) however, with tech approval in the past, you can move the door post back for a wider window opening and also give it the 2 door look. Also , the chassis for the Caprice/Impala has remained basically the same configuration all the way up to 1996 model with exception to the body. They make great Hobby Stocks.

If your a Ford man, then take a serious look at the late model (1996) Crown Victoria. That is a sweet front suspension to work with. B)

Archived