Steve Henderson

NickHolt

The following is an email from Mary Ann Naumann:

<------------------------->

Hello everyone, now, I really don't like sending these type emails.

I know everyone knows Steve Henderson, he owned Street Stock # 58, (Don Painter has been driving for him this past season & was planning on this coming season @ THR). Back during the Longhorn days, he was with Garland Moffit, he has always helped Steve Sims, LM # 58. Well, unfortunately, he was found today in his house, he had passed away sometime this weekend. They are not sure, they think it was due to natural causes, there were no signs of a break in. Please keep, the Sims, their family, their crew members & their families in your prayers, they were all very close friends. We will keep you posted on the services.

Sincerely,

Mary Ann

<-------------------------->

That's truely sad news. As a friend of Sims family I also knew Steve Henderson. He was a truely part of Austin racing and will be greatly missed. There are no "right" words to say at a time like this, and I am nearly at a loss for words anyway. My heart goes out to Henderson, Sims and other families affected by his loss.

RIP GRAVY

Here is all the info as I know it about Steve (Mr. Gravy) Henderson. Steve was found at his home this morning by a close friend, Jeff Bearden. Jeff became concerned this morning after Steve did not show up to open his BMW repair business. Jeff and Steve had know each other, and worked together, on and off since the 1980's. They were both valued crew members of Steve Sims SS#58, along with Paul Cook, and others. Steve (Henderson) was a very quiet man, except when it came to racing. It was the only life that any of us knew he had, other than work. None of us even lnew where to begin looking for his family. After a lot of hard work, Jeff somehow was able to get some info from county records and found Steve's moms name. He was able to contact her late this afternoon. She was obviously shocked and saddened, but she did shed some light about Steve. He was 45 years old, and his family had a history of major and sudden heart problems. Steve's grandfather passed suddenly, also at the age of 45. It is assumed that this is what happened to Steve.

As info about funeral, or memorial services are made know, all will be posted.

Keep racin, Gravy Dog! You will be missed.

All of us in the racing community are deeply saddened by the sudden passing of our friend

Steve "Gravy" Henderson.

The funeral services for Steve will be held this Thursday @ 6pm at

BECK FUNERAL HOME - 15709 FM 620 - Austin, Texas (512-244-3772)

Garland Moffet will be performing his service as a tribute to his dear friend.

Steve will be buried in his home state of New York.

God Speed Gravy......

Don and Lisa Painter

Additonal Information from Mary Ann Naumann and Lisa Painter:

----------------------

Steve "Gravy" Henderson SS # 58's - Memorial Services will be held this Thursday, January 23rd @ Beck Funeral Home on FM 620, at 6:00 PM. Viewing is from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM. Beck Funeral Home is on FM 620, about 4 miles west of IH 35, just outside of Round Rock. 15709 FM 620 - # 244-3772. This memorial service is for him from all of his Austin area family, the racing family. This was Steve's family here in Austin. Racing was what Steve was all about. Helping friends like Steve Sims and Garland Moffit, building cars, winning races and championships. And his own car, driven by himself, Charlie Alberson, and Don Painter. Steve has been a true friend of racing for many, many years. Garland Moffit will be performing his services.

Any contributions, or flowers are being asked to please be held, until later. Steve's family has not yet arrived in Austin, and the plans for the family service are still being made at this time. Steve's family will be taking him home to upstate New York at a later date. Contributions may be a real welcome at a later time, and any information will be passed on as soon as it is available.

We wanted to send this out so that the racing community will have a chance

to pay their last respects to a great guy!

Respectfully,

Mary Ann & Lisa

---------------------

Another email from Mary Ann Naumann:

I have been asked to pass this important notice on to everyone.

Sincerely, Mary Ann

We apologize for the late notice, but the memorial service for Steve Henderson has had to be moved to the Beck Funeral Home location at 1700 E. Whitestone Blvd. (FM 1431) in Cedar Park NOT @ the 620 location. It is about halfway between 183 and Parmer Lane It will still have viewing from 4-6 PM, and the service is still scheduled for 6:00 PM. Call Beck Funeral Home for more information, if needed at 259-1610.

Henderson we will miss you here at Bearden Automotive!!!!!!!!!

Even though I didn't have the opportunity to get to know you as

well as most of your friends did, it was a pleasure to have you around

the shop. It was always fun to go to Mercedes Benz to pick up cars with

you. You always had something fun and interesting to talk about (Racing).:):):)

We will have you in our prayers as well as our hearts..........

Karla

Lifes A Race! Keep your Motor Runnin,

Burn Rubber every Now and Then!!!!!!

Tears in Heaven

Archived