Early Practice At THR Saturday

SaltySag

It has been decided to open the Thunder Hill Raceway track for practice at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 26.

Rain is predicted for Saturday afternoon, so the track will be open for those who want to get in some track time before the rains come.

Jon Sagester

Marketing/PR

Duane T. told me he was coming out, too; expects the motor to be ready.

I see practice at San Antonio is restricted to SAS classes, so the TSRS bunch and maybe some trucks might show up at THR, among others. Pretty good turnout last Saturday, despite the threatening weather, including a bunch of new cars. Others are rumored...

why would a tsrs car want to practice at sas since the mgt of the track has decided not to allow the series to run there this year. unless they plan on runnin there with the local class in between races which i will a few times this year.

why would a tsrs car want to practice at sas since the mgt of the track has decided not to allow the series to run there this year.

Lloyd,

Different tracks book different series all the time. Nothing surprising about that. And different series run at different tracks from time to time. Nothing surprising about that either. Business decisions are made at every track and every series in the USA every season.

At the present time, the only series that SAS is booking are TAMS and USRA.

Who knows what the future holds for just about anything in racing these days. We should just be happy we still have paved tracks to run at and try to get along!

Nick Holt

Nick I believe what Lloyd is saying it is not good business for Mike not to allow TSRS cars to practice sat. since they are a legal sa late model.Seems like with such a low car count Mike would allow any possible car of that class participate. As Lloyd stated he would like to run on his series off nights and I know of a few others that would like to also. Seems as though Mike is trying to keep bad blood going, but then again we are dealing with Mike.

Nick,

i didnt say anything bad about the track, i actually said that i would be running there several times this year. if the track would have been in shape to run on the 19th we planned on having both cars out there. what i was implying was why would a team that runs a series want to use a test date on a track that the series they run in is not running at.

rpfan,

Like the post said practice is open to SAS cars ................which means if Lloyd is planning on running his TSRS car with the late models on Saturday nights when TSRS is off then this would make him a SAS car as well as a TSRS car which makes him elgible to practice with us Saturday. The late model class has a good car count to start off with this year so if the TSRS guys want to join them the more the merrier!

Lloyd,

It would be nice to see you bring your car to SAS Saturday to practice with us. I would like to just stare at it. :)................it's pretty!

Kelly

lloyd has a good point though............if you aren't going to be racing at sas this season then why take the car out there and set it up to run there...........why take the chance of tearing the car up for no reason........it sucks that tsrs isnt coming to sas this year but now they are direct competition with the sas late models........business is business and that is the way it is...........

Kelly

Thanks for youer input there, but just because Lloyd is allowed to run his doesn't mean I will be allowed to run mine. The story goes way back and I won't get in to it or Nick would delete it. But I will try to run sat.

although the thing that i know is the driver's for Alexander racing want to get in the damn car and race its hard handcuffing drivers till the 23rd of April when there cars have been sittin there for a month they want to get in there and mix it up a little instead of just staring at their car in the garage. Cmon racin season. So don't be shocked to see us at quite a few SAS late model races.

Texas Pro Sedan owners and drivers are encouraged to support the practice sessions at Thunder Hill Raceway.

THR is supporting the TPS series by booking the Texas Pro Sedans for eight races this season.

The former SAS manager made the decision to not schedule TPS during it's 30th Anniversary Celebration year.

As stated earlier in this thread, why jeopardize your car at a track where you are not going to race?

All Texas Pro Sedan members were notified March 23 by e-mail to purchase their pit passes at the earlier practice session on March 26 - 11:00am at the track who supports their program, Thunder Hill Raceway.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Lloyd,

I understand your point but since you are a hometown guy it would be nice to see the hometown cars on their hometown track. But really all I want to do is look at your car, seriously typing now you guys did a awesome job on those cars this year. Good luck this season.

kellyd, like krusty said dont be surprised to see our cars at sas several times this year in races but as a team we feel it is best to utilize this weekend at THR to test for our main concern which is tsrs. SAS is my favorite track in texas to race at and hopefully we will be racing there on off weeks. thank you for the compliments on the cars but C&C signs is the real reason the cars look so good this year.

Lloyd,

I don't blame you, I myself would actually like to try my luck at THR one weekend or two.

I agree, C & C does awesome work. They made my plain ol WOW car look like a gem. My family will use only them and when you see a nice looking car at the track you can tell who did the graphics.

Hopefully we won't get rain at either track this weekend........have fun.

there has been a minor set back in the 5 and 80 car going to thr this weekend, it seems the people who are supposed to buy the beer for the race team havent bought any as of yet, so until our demands are met, no car out of our shop is moving. ha ha ha j/k both cars are ready and waiting as well as the drivers.

big john

Archived