Brett Deyo's Short Track Super Series

Jamie

Brett Deyo's Short Track Super Series raced a combined, north and south regions, race last night, Tuesday May 17th, and pulled 52 big/small block modifieds. A Tuesday night show and they pulled at least 80 cars in two classes. This was even a make-up from the rain out last Tuesday.

On a board that I frequent for the area, there is a thread where on 5/7/16 they saw over 1,100 race at 11 tracks. One was practice, 33 cars, high count was 169 and low was 74. As the OP stated, those are "mind boggling" numbers.

Could any tracks in Texas pull off a Tuesday show like that?

No. Texans are spoiled by Friday/Saturday nights with good weather most of the year...usually. In the North/New England they have a shorter time frame of good weather so they cram races on a mostly daily basis. For race fans there, they make that work. Here, we can look to weekends.

Surprisingly I think the weather thing is a bit of a misconception. Most tracks run April to September and a couple have special shows up to Thanksgiving.

I think a lot of has to do with stability. A lot of these tracks have been around forever and are well established in and embraced by their communities.

The Short Track Super Series is promoted by a guy that looks no older than us and everyone up here raved about his series. I got to check out the first race in the north region and it was all that it was supposed to be and then some. Other than a hiccup in tech, which has since been fixed, it was an almost perfect show.

Archived