Saturday Practice @THR

marvinmcgee

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do run multiple cars at the same time during practice. Since we have multiple classes at the open practices we will only let similar type cars run together (no legend cars with Street Stocks). If we get a large car count at the practice Saturday it can be interesting for the fan to watch.

Greg

Yale motor sports damage control is sorry to say that we will not be able to attend this practice. Due to circumstances beyond our control we are several weeks away from having the car together. Good luck to all that attend. Be nice to see some pictures though! Will be at the USRA race that night in Houston for the first racing fix of the season.

There are 6 Ukrainian military officers scheduled to drive an Allison Legacy Saturday morning; I ask every one to extend some warm Texas hospitallity to these dudes. Talk to them, make them feel welcome, treat them as you would want your son treated if he were in Russia, driving a snow sled. Who knows, one of these pilgrams could be their premier some day, think of the impression us white-trash Texicans could make on them, especially if you offered them a Shiner Bock.

BEER AND RACING...... ARE YOU CRAZY? I TRIED THAT ONCE AND PEED MY PANTS HALFWAY THROUGH THE RACE. NOT TO MENTION IT LOOKED LIKE THERE WAS TWICE AS MANY CARS. AND HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO "POP THE TOP" WHILST CORNERING. KINDA HARD. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE LEGACY DRIVERS THOUGH. I'M SURE THEY WILL HAVE A BLAST.

Yes, I'm serious. One of the six is due to rotate back around April 1, that's why we want to do this now and not wait till a Thursday parctice. They want to just drive around the track, no racing, just to get a feel of what it's like.

Why not show up with your car and take a few pictures with these dudes, think of the publisity for you in your local paper. Jon Sagester will be there with his camera to do exactly that, promote THR to future sponcers and fans.

I was funnin' about the Shinner, my father-in-law provided 6 kegs at our wedding reception...I stayed in bed for two days after that...boy it was some reception.

Mickey, sorry to see your motor go. Yours wasn't the only one. Seems like we saw two or three go before we hit the track. Makes a guy think twice about even going out!

We got to make one "hot" run before it started raining.

Oh well! Maybe next week.

it was nice to see as many cars show up that did. And was GOOD to see H.E. walk away from that scary a$$ wreck. Unfortunately the first time i hit the throttle (hard) the engine went silent. Hopefully its just a timing chain.

I've never seen a car so totaled...The car was way beyond cosmetic...the whole drive train was battered ! Rearend bent and swung, driveshaft broken, fuel pump broke off, valve cover open for inspection ! I could go on but it is amazing that H came away with just a spranged ankle.

pretty sure it WAS (key word being was)TAMS they just had not finished putting the body on it. thats probably a good thing now. that is an hour that was not waisted.

Ladies and gents the man upstairs was looking down on Thunder Hill today... H.E.... Get some rest i am sure you need it...

Also 23 late Model... had a bad day.. think he ran over a road side bomb transmission took a direct hit.. *(so did the driver)..

Thanks for everyone that helped out.. and The TBS Racing team once again lending their team work!!!

Archived