weight on street stock

Johnny Ram

It was going to be 3100/3150 with penalties. But that was when all the rules SOS/STS/STP were going to be the same to help car counts.....but then SOS was different than STS...and now SOS is different than STP.....AND STS is different than STP.....so no 2 of the three are common rules. How did we get here?? :blink:

Why are folks concerned about the converted limiteds? Same as any metric car anybody else starts with. Where do you think they have an advantage with the rear percent rule in place? The fact is the guys that have those cars are going to win or be near the front regardless of they had converted limiteds or purpose built street stocks. Their just good racers and found a way to recycle old limiteds as they purchased new limiteds. Never going to stop racers from improving or getting new technology. The rear percent rule is not going to change anything, same cars will be up front regardless. It will cost more as tires will wear more. There are no magic wands to slow good racers down, just a fact in racing.

Because its an excuse Mike plain and simple. Perception is a much bigger problem then reality. Recently built purpose cars with good drivers will more then likely beat 10 -15 year old pure stocks that have been converted to street stocks. 51% max weight helps equalize the field and that has been done. STP posted its rules at 3100 lbs early this year which is the same weight as last year that did not change. Why there is a 50 lb additional difference for STS this year? I do not know nor would I be the person to ask. Do I know why the asphalt takeoffs where accidently left off the STS rules? No I dont, maybe a simple typo from the webmaster of STS, only guessing. I have already retracted the STP Street Stock rules for STP events because I believe this needs to have more attention so we can have big tires and small tires compete together. Over the last 5 years we have already proven that it can coexist. Now dont get confused this is my opinion STP I dont speak for anyone else.

yes the small tires win more than the big tires and the big tires and wheels are heavier by themselves . but the "limited stocks" or "street modifieds " (whatever you want to call them) win almost everything and they have no weight penalties or anything

How much would it cost if I called a chassis builder and got him to build me a chassis for a street stock, not a rebuilt old used up limited a new street stock chassis. Just wondering.

yes the small tires win more than the big tires and the big tires and wheels are heavier by themselves . but the "limited stocks" or "street modifieds " (whatever you want to call them) win almost everything and they have no weight penalties or anything

How much would it cost if I called a chassis builder and got him to build me a chassis for a street stock, not a rebuilt old used up limited a new street stock chassis. Just wondering.
ID say probably around 6000-8000 for a new one but matters who builds it

ID say probably around 3000-5000 for a new one but matters who builds it

ID say probably around 3000-5000 for a new one but matters who builds it
So it would be much cheaper for someone wanting to get into a street stock that can't find a15 yr old one, to buy one of the hundreds of old limiteds. Probably get one in h the $1000 to $1500 range.

Archived