Congratulations 2015 Champions

Saturday nights season ending races started with four classes having close enough points that the points leader was not guaranteed he would be the champion.

The closest race for champion was in the Street Stock division. DJ Schroat was sitting just 15 points behind the leader. Points leader, Edward Oakes, blew an engine in his heat race but was able to find a car to race in the feature. Edward, starting in the back and unable to claim passing points, gave DJ a chance to take over the lead in points. In the end, Edward managed to hold the points lead for this years Street Stock Champion.

Pure Stock was another close class with points leader Lonnie Koehne managing to bring home the championship over last years champion Logan Schunka. Both drivers had spin outs in the feature race that could have affected the points lead.

This was the first and only year that SOS ran a new class called Classics that had old Street Stock rules and Hot Stock Trucks combine. Chris Shafer won the championship in his number 77 Red Rocket that is so familiar to fans that frequent SOS. Coming in second was James Jennings in his Hot Stock Truck.

Dwarf/Modlite champion Greg Sexton Jr. This was Greg's first season back at SOS after several seasons.

Limited Late Models were new to SOS this year and started the year as a strong class but faded in the middle of the season. SOS and STS had combined to do a duel championship challenge for this class. The rainouts at both tracks caused a great deal of confusion for the drivers and what was thought to be a good idea worked against the class. This years champion is Landon Farquer.

Limited Mods being one of the most popular classes of race cars in South Texas saw drivers come from all over the state to race. We saw great side by side racing in this class. Champion for the year Craig Oakes.

Modifieds were brought back to SOS last year and we had hoped to see this class grow in 2015. We did however have some really close racing in this class. The championship was close and in the end Jamie Campbell came out the winner over last years champion Cody Leondard.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 2015 CHAMPIONS. Thank you to all the drivers that come to race and support SOS year after year.

yes well done everyone, but i would like to congrats to all the drivers that came and raced, can't win a championship without having great competition to race against. Not to take anything away from the points leaders of coarse, just saying we had some very tough racing this year in all the classes and these guys had to earn their top spots for sure, I didn't see any cake walks. I for one will be working all winter long on my car, so maybe next year it'll be my name at the top of the list, and I look forward to next season racing against all you guys again, hopefully some new ones to boot.

Archived