New York State Fairgrounds Track to be demolished

PAPosse

this strikes close to home for me, having attended Super Dirt Week and several other races from about 1976-1987 and a couple years between then and now.

I know its a long trip for you guys, but if you ever thought about going, go this year or never.

Freaking politicians. The teack is basically going to become an RV park.

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/NewPress/?p=7598

Here's another link showing the storied history, NAScar raced there in the 50s, AAA and USAC Sprints, Silver Crown, and of course the DIRT Modifieds and World of Outlaws.

Was there myself several times in the mid & late 70s...

Saw Gary Balough, Jimmy Horton, Dick 'Toby' Tobias, Kenny Brightbill, Ken Brenn, even Bobby Allison and Geoff Bodine raced modifieds there once or twice.... Saw so many more on the 'moody mile'... Hate it's going the way of State Fair Speedway in OKC, smaller track but similar kind of facility with the big covered grandstands from back in the day. :-(

Was there myself several times in the mid & late 70s...

Saw Gary Balough, Jimmy Horton, Dick 'Toby' Tobias, Kenny Brightbill, Ken Brenn, even Bobby Allison and Geoff Bodine raced modifieds there once or twice.... Saw so many more on the 'moody mile'... Hate it's going the way of State Fair Speedway in OKC, smaller track but similar kind of facility with the big covered grandstands from back in the day. :-(

Hey Hook's where are you from originally? I used to watch a couple of those guys every week. Read my bio for more info.

Thanks for letting this PA guy, who is originally from NJ and now living in CA, share some homegrown memories on a TX board!

Archived