NASCAR Suspends and Fines 2 Local Drivers

Straight off the fax NASCAR after reading through interviews from both participants and officials at SAS and video have made the following suspentions and fines:

Jeff Wills and his brother - $150 fine and 2 Week Suspention

Damon Bean - $300 fine 4 Weeks Suspension (Edited by IMAGOOF 11:08PM) and loss of Rookie of the Year points.

These suspentions are effective immediately as per NASCAR.

A $300 fine and no suspension. A $150 fine and two weeks off. What a joke. It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Things sure have changed since I was NASCAR Chief Steward.

Nick Holt

Well, I fell for that one Marc....Joke's on me.

Just wondering... Since when does NASCAR determine fines and suspensions for the local Weekly Series tracks? Is this something new? When I was doing it the track told NASCAR what the penalty would be and NASCAR either approved or disapproved OUR decision.

Nick Holt

It sounds kinda light. I wasn't there so it is hard to judge, but from the uproar that it caused on another thread on this site, the suspensions sound kinda light all except for the rookie of the year points.

on another note: How many rookies are running at SAS LM anyways?

nfortunately as you know I don't work for the track so I don't know the exact particualrs. All I am basing what I had said on was what I was shown and asked to see. You might ask Mike to see how things have changed but in my opinion I think its a good idea becasue the people who determined the suspensions I.E. Nascar have no bias in the matter....

Archived