THR- Super Stock Class?

Lane77

I have noticed that there are a bunch of old super stock class cars that are not being raced.

I guess because they do not fit any classes that are running. ( most of these cars are older,and are between a street stock & Late model)

I Have brought this up before, but I think now would be a great time to run it by people.

With all of the late model classe rules & series driving the costs up to race in that class, it would be great to have a class that is just above Street Stock, and right under late models.. It can be called Super stock jsut like they use to be called.

I think you give the Super stock an after market body panels, front & rear bumpers covers; weight jacks;locked rear ends.

Give stock fire walls & leaf spring car a weight break.

I think this class would work at THR. I am not sure about the other Tracks.. They may already have this covered.

I have been looking to purchase a street stock car for THR, and I have seen a ton of old Super stock cars sitting around.

I think the costs of running a late model class has been driven up to the point that a new class that is between street & late model should be started.

Just an idea.

Bryan

most of those old super stocks have already been converted and used up...

my t-bird was a super(i ran tsrs with last season) steve simms 58-and your yellow catfish on steriods was doug hooks nova super...

i think something needs to happen but i don't see any room between these 2 classes to add another...they are fairly close in lap times(not leaving much of a gap filler)...i belief the bombers/grands are a suppliment to progressively move each class up a rung a few seasons at a time..

i.e.-don't add another rung to the top of the ladder , start from a ground level...it would be more affordable for everyone involed with each individual class....

It sure would be nice if THR would give those old Super Stocks a

weight break and let them run with Late Models.We don't have

enough cars running with THR LMs as it is now.With the way the

rules have changed the last two years the LM class will be gone

soon anyway unless something is done to supplement car count.

I think we are in the constant progression of the middle class becoming the premier class right now.

The next step putting weight jacks and all that good stuff in the street stock/sportsman cars. I saw the CC super stocks race early last year and they did bring to mind the old Longhorn Supers.

I think you start going to aftermarket bodies and you are right on your way to Late Model/TSRS.

They may need to find a way to resort back to "Limited" Late Model.

Archived