Support Houston Motorsports Park, I will! Will you?

With the unfortunate news today about Houston Oval track program, Will you still show up to support the oval track program if we only race for trophys?

I have talked to a lot of people and they will still pay to get in and race for trophys till the sponsorship gets worked out. Please post your thoughts and will

you still come race?

#4 truck Chad Rogers

My kid raced for years without a purse so it is no big deal. We do it for the love of racing. I'm not sure if his truck owner would want to race without a purse, but he will race his Mod if they allow us to race.

Amy Hogan

www.teamhoganracing.com

I'd still support them for sure, it's a great track and it deserves to stay open. It's sad to see more and more short tracks go out of business every year. Hope HMP doesn't. It's located in one of the most populated cities in America. If you race or don't race please show your support.

Don't forget there's a nice track just 2 1/2 hours down the road from Houston that will still pay you a very fair purse. I wish HMP the best and hope that first-rate facility will open back up soon, but we simply can't afford to race for trophies only.

Good thought there especially now we need to support the tracks in operation asphalt or dirt and help keep them open. Goes back to wanting to open the closed tracks all the time, keep hoping that will happen but hell we are running out of places to race.

The NASKART Pro Racing Series will support Houston Motorsports Park! We race for the thrill and love of racing and enjoy racing at HMP. We don't race for trophy's....we race for championships! :-)

Maybe in some of the other classes....racers with sponsors....can ask their sponsors to help with the classes they race in too?

WOW! Race for trophies or don't race at all? I guess that brings out the real racers at heart. AAAAANNNDDDD.................................................I'm still loaded up and ready for racing this weekend! !

I'd love to see HMP race this weekend, but I don't think it can happen for lots of reasons. But I am sure that Graham is encouraged by the amount of genuine, heart-felt support he sees here.

Nick

Gotta agree with Chase on this one. HMP will come back eventually - it's too nice a facility not to and the Bakers are not going to let their investment depreciate. But in the meantime, there's asphalt racing 2 1/2 hrs away.

Since ive got a couple of different class cars in my garage i will say that my legacy cars already run for no purse so count our 2 in. Im sure most all the legacy cars would run. However as an owner driver in a PLM, I can honestly say that running a top tier class for no purse will pretty much guarantee most cars wont show. I wish HMP the best, and would sure welcome an opportunity to race there again.

Archived