Old Racing Pics

HoosierDaddy

Corrections on a couple of the pics.

The pic of the camero after John Meyer wrecked it was actually at SAS. He drove that car in limited latemodel one season while he was building a new car and my dad had moved up to latemodel. I thought it was at Longhorn because something had happened there too that same year, but this pic was from SAS.

And the #15 all pro car was the same car that Butch Lindley had driven, but he had been killed before All Pro came to San Antonio and it is actually Jody Ridley in the car. In the actual copy I looked close and could see Jody Ridley's name on the door and then my dad told me Butch had died in a wreck at some quarter mile not too long before All Pro came to SAS.

Hoosier,

You have a later print of that #15 than mine, I have Butch on the one I have.

Butch was injured about April, 1985, at DeSoto Speedway in Bradenton, Florida when he crashed driver side first into the wall. The thinking at that time was his head hit the wall. He laid in a coma for a few years before passing away in June, 1990.

One other picture you posted had Tommy Davis in a hard crash in the front stretch wall. I watched that one, and was trying to remember who was the car on the outside.

It appears to be a #71, and I keep thinking it is Terry Woodall. (Son of Buddy, he races a couple years on asphalt.) Do you know?

Tom

Archived