Brill Motor Speedway set to re-open

Brill Motor Speedway set to Re Open

Geary, Oklahoma May 10, 2015 - After a couple year hiatus, Mark Brill will open up the little quarter-mile, red clay oval of Brill Motor Speedway on Saturday night, May 30.

Were going to open her up the Saturday after Memorial Day weekend and give it another try, according to Brill. We are to run two weeks, off a week in that rotation and run on Saturday nights. I have a very successful business (Marks Machine Shop) and when we run on Friday nights it was hurting my business.

For sure the track will run sport mods, pro stocks, pure stocks and mini stocks and will have a new, beginner division called hornets. However, much will be decided the first two weeks of operation as any and all divisions are welcome to show up and race. No payout will occur the first two weeks with trophies given to the feature winner of each division. After the first two weeks a final decision will be made concerning permanent divisions.

Bottom line is: If you want to run Saturday nights at Brill Motor Speedway then show up the first two scheduled nights and race. Dont complain if you dont participate.

The champ sprint division will not be running on a weekly basis and the OCRS will be competing at least once, possibly twice during the 2015 race season. In fact, a date has already been inked for OCRS, June 27.

The e-sprints (now WOW) that Brill introduced several years ago are welcome to run the first two weekends we will call trial period) and if enough drivers want to run weekly then he will consider it. He is also interested in booking a WOW show if it can be fitted into both the series and track schedules.

A special treat for race fans who like to enjoy a frosty beverage while watching the dirt fly, free draw beer will be available on the spectator side from the time the races start until intermission. Yes, as is the case by law, you must be 21 years old and have proper I.D.

Gates on race nights will open at 5:00 PM with racing scheduled for 7:30 PM.

Their old website is in the works of being re-open and until then, you can get up-to-date information on their facebook page: Brill Motor Speedway.

Archived