April 25th Racing cancelled due to wet conditions

Due to the 3 inches of rain last Saturday and the pending threat again we are cancelling the racing this weekend. I thought about waiting till later in the week to cancel however I would like to use the "Do it right or don't do it at all" philosophy. If we can't spend a week or two and advertise the race, Have a place for customers to park and have a track that is worthy of the racers then we should not be racing. This weekend the pits will be dry, the track will be smooth. However the infield and customer parking area will still be wet. We need to mow the grass but literally can't because the mowers sink in the mud.We also have a threat of more rain this week. It just does not set up well for us. I promise once we can get some dry weather we will be racing again. We will reschedule this race when we can and we will have a good season. We just can't fight mother nature.

Personal Note: I am too frustrated with the rain. We have not had any income in some time. All expenses are coming out of our personal wallets. I stand strong though in one thing. The love of racing each of you have and the memories I know you want to make with your families. I have so many plans of things I want to do. I am hoping with some dry weather we can complete them. I thank you for all the support you have given STS. I would also like to thank Ted Hamm, Bill Newt and Gary Perry, They have been out at the track daily pumping water and preparing the track for you. WE are not going to take the next week off but we are going to continue to make changes and upgrades. We look forward to racing again May 9th.

Thank you,

ken Hobbs

Archived