Jet Cars Add Fire to Super Chevy Show

For Immediate Release

Jet Cars Add Fire to Super Chevy Show

Part of MIR's Pro Show with Pro Mods and Wheelstander

MILLINGTON, Tenn. (April 8) - It's hard not to be the center of attention when you drive a car that belches smoke and spits fire.

Of all the ways to excite the Memphis International Raceway (MIR) crowd at this weekend's Super Chevy Show the jet cars that are part of the Pro Show do the best job of firing everyone up with their pyrotechnics and their window-rattling, ground-shaking power.

The fire-breathing jet cars have become a star attraction at the Super Chevy Show. For a full schedule, Click here.

"We've had events where we've run out of autograph cards," said Al Zakaukus driver of Hot Blade. "We've had to start signing T-Shirts, foreheads and pieces of wood for the fans. People just get mesmerized."

Zakaukus and Scott Holdridge will race their jet cars side by side during the Super Chevy Show and more than likely earn a few new fans.

"There are events where we run with Pro Stock Motorcycles and bring in 'some big name guys," said Holdridge, driver of the jet dragster Team Heat. "Before we make our runs, fans will be over with them because they know those bike guys by name. After we make our run, a lot of those people will come over to our pits because of the show we just put on.

"People are attracted to the amount of power they make, the fire they throw out and all the noise they make."

The jet cars aren't the only attraction during the Super Chevy Show's Pro Show. The wheelstander Superwinch will run as well as the Pro Mods of U.S. Southern Shootout, but the jet cars tend to be the stars of the show.

"It's scary every time you get in the car," said Zakaukus. "But the reward is that you get a ride of a lifetime every time. It may look like it's all automatic but there's a lot going on for the guy in the cockpit. I'm working the brake, trying to choreograph the show with the car next to me and make sure the car doesn't slide past the starting line."

Once those jet cars are let loose the acceleration is incredible.

"I laugh sometimes when I hear guys who drive Porsches and Lamborghinis talk about their 0 to 60 times," Zakaukus said. "My car does 0 to 100 mph in less than a second, there's quite a bit of difference there."

Zakaukus and Holdridge are especially excited to head to Memphis' Super Chevy Show because winter has lingered at their Midwestern home base, so events to make passes in have been in short supply.

"I run against Scotty a lot," Zakaukus said. "We've got two of the fastest jet cars around and we push each other."

The Pro Show car will make two runs each on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, the Pro Show is schedule to run at 1 and 7 p.m. and on Sunday at 1:30 and 4:30 p.m.

To get the full smoke-rolling, window-rattling jet car experience, fans can still buy $75 individual VIP Suite tickets at racemir.com or by calling 901-WOW-RACE until Friday morning. Once single day tickets go on sale Friday morning, the VIP Suite price moves to $100. The suite ticket includes VIP parking, a spot in one of our suites, food and non-alcoholic beverages.

Archived