Congrats to SOS and USMTS

I have been fortunate enough to have been going to Shady Oaks Speedway for over 25 years. I have raced there and sat in the stands , and I have always considered it my home track. I have had some great times meeting new people, winning a few races and have seen some of my worst lows after wrecking a car or two.

I just have to say that this past week was an awesome event with the USMTS show in town. The drivers were awesome and accessible, and for the most part took the time to talk to the fans when they weren't busy working on their cars.

The pits were an awesome site to see with all the big rigs nestled amongst the oak trees, fans and drivers mingling about, it made me feel great about a place I dearly love.

I am amazed but not surprised that the Stacey's were able to pull this together on such short notice, and now as a fan I feel lucky to have have been able to sit in the stand and watch all of the action.

Congrats #TEAMSHADYOAKS. Y'all done good.

Thanks guys, glad we were able to help in some way. A lot of great, positive feedback on the promoters and the facilities. I've always enjoyed coming up from Corpus to watch and the Stacy family was always great to me and my dad. I plan on being at SOS a lot this year. USMTS was a great weekend for sure, now to make sure the STP event is big and the rest of the season. Shady Oaks made a lasting impression on our visitors I can say that for sure.

A great team effort by a lot of folks made this event something special. I wanted to be there, but Valentines plans were made a long time ago, and I've been married 33 years and hope to remain married at least 33 more.

Nick

With USMTS being one of, if not, my favorites series to watch, I was ecstatic that they went to Shady Oaks to race. This is what you missed on Friday if you didn't make it.

post-2611-0-74223900-1424050533_thumb.jpg
Ryan Gustin, Joe Duvall and Jason Hughes (top to bottom) racing for position during the A Main. Jason and Ryan started shotgun on the field and ended up finishing 2nd and 3rd

Last night, there weren't too many opportunities to get a picture of Ryan Gustin racing many folks. But with a late race caution bunching the field up, the competitors made the best of their chance and drove in 3 wide challenging him for the top spot.

post-2611-0-26306900-1424050844_thumb.jpg

Ryan Gustion, Austin Arneson and Cade Dillard (top to bottom) 3 wide for the lead after a caution

I sure want to thank the Stacey's for the incredible effort and work they put into making this happen.

Archived