Sadler anxious for return to Texas

Gary Guehler

-- For Immediate Release

SAMSUNG/RADIOSHACK 500 CHAMPION SADLER ANXIOUS FOR TEXAS RETURN

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (January 19, 2005) – Defending Samsung/RadioShack 500 winner Elliott Sadler can’t wait for the next three months to pass before the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. And based on the first test session preparing for the April 17 event, Sadler will be one of the favorites to capture another checkered flag.

Sadler put his M&M’s Ford Nextel Cup machine through its paces during two days of Goodyear tire testing preparing for the Samsung/RadioShack 500. Tony Stewart, driver of the Home Depot Chevrolet, also tested both days.

“This is one of my favorite tracks,” said Sadler. “It is like an old jacket you put on, it just feels comfortable when you come here, drive up on pit road to go out on the track.

“I really enjoy coming to this track. From the first lap I ever made on it in a Busch Series car, I sat on the pole the first two years in a row, to last year when I led the last lap. We should have won the year before but had a flat tire.

“We came here to test with one brand new car and the car we won with last year. We learned a lot about the new spoiler packages, it has been a great test.

Sadler gave his thoughts on why he has enjoyed so much success at “The Great American Speedway.”

“It is like if you are a golfer, a softball player or any kind of sports person, there are certain things you do better at some tracks than others. Some golfers play better at some golf courses than others. I feel like I can get in anybody else’s car here at Texas and run just as fast or faster than they can.”

Sadler and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series stars will make their first of two 2005 appearances at Texas in the Samsung/RadioShack 500. Tickets are still available at the speedway ticket office, by calling (817) 215-8500, online at www.texasmotorspeedway.com and at Ticketmaster locations.

# # #

Archived