Lone Star Legacy series is growing

NickHolt

James Huff and I are pleased that the series is growing about like we hoped it would. As most of you know, we're taking things one conservative step at a time, but the series is growing as more and more cars are coming down off the jack stands. Yesterday, for instance, we learned that the Villarreal race team from Corpus Christi has obtained two very well maintained Legacys from Randy Anderson's shop in the Houston area and will be entering both cars in races in 2015.

And we're aware of several folks who are still "testing the waters" to make sure that we're serious about bringing back the Legacys from the brink of extinction.

We also know of several Legacys that are for sale at this point:

- Tom Harwell (San Antonio) has twin Legacys for sale. 210-710-4056. tom@direct-flo.com

- Arden Vikre (San Marcos) has one for sale. Needs some body work. 512-393-4788. avikre@auatin.rr.com

- James Huff has one for sale in Houston (He owns five Legacys in all and is willing to sell one). 281-831-0339. huffindustries@aol.com

- Cody Kelly (Houston area) has two for sale. Former Legacy championship car and a backup. 832-519-6935

- Charles Evans (Houston area) has one for sale. with a brand new motor and backup motor. Lots of extra parts. 713-865-0027. charlesjr@evans-racing.com. Charles is the HMP 2014 Truck Champion.

So far, this is what the 2015 line up looks like (our best guess at this point)

01 Allen Sampson

04 Dillon Sampson
08 Memphis Villarreal

1 Del Harris
5 Michael Radino
10 Gabriel Fogg
17 Boyd Bumbera
19 Cole Runco
23 Alexis Leone

24 Dale Ross
32 James Huff
48 Matt Yevcak

61 Cory Lovell

88 Matthew Villarreal

## Clifton Winkleman

## Lane Cherry

## James Lee (Has two Legacys, may drive one and sell the other)

• 2 weeks later...

Save a spot for us next year!

Several really nice Legacys are sitting on jack stands around Texas from years gone by. We have gone back to the original Legacy rules, so those cars would be competitive pretty quickly.

Nick

I gotta say, even though Allen Sampson made us look slow this weekend, I was very pleasantly surprised at how much fun they are to drive. Coming from a pro latemodel i was expecting....well...less then what they are. I had Rusty Chambers, fellow PLM racer take one out for fun and we agreed that these are definitely great cars and a great class to be in whether you have veterans or novice skills. I am looking forward to this year.

Cory

We're in no rush to start that many cars. We just want to offer folks with Legacys sitting on jackstands the chance to run with us if they want to.

Our plan is simple:

1) Enforce no-contact racing. Race like gentlemen and ladies or go race somewhere else. No sense in rebuilding these cars every race. Anyone involved in an on-track incident will have to fill in an incident report similar to those used in NASA. We had almost no beating and banging last season and what little that occurred was dealt with.

2) Encourage a club-like, family environment where youngsters can learn to race like good sportsmen and us old farts can feel comfortable in a non-combative atmosphere..

3) Share whatever purse we eventually are able to generate evenly down through the field. Last place gets as much as first place. Of course, we have yet to land a sponsor and have no purse at this time.

4) Enforce the original Legacy rules package. The series went off the deep end for a few years and our intent is to level the playing field so that even the oldest Legacy car can be competitive under the rules.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Janette Huff, our Lone Star Legacy registrar, here is the list of drivers who have registered so far this season. We are aware of some folks, like Dillon Gaither, who are either actually preparing a car or are looking for a car to race with us in 2015 or 2016.

01 ALLEN SAMPSON

04 DILLON SAMPSON
08 MEMPHIS VILLARREAL
1 DEL HARRIS
10 GABRIEL FOGG
19 COLE RUNCO
23 ALEXIS LEONE
24 DALE ROSS
32 JAMES HUFF
33 ALEX KARPOWICZ
48 MATT YEVCAK
61 CORY LOVELL