feb 5th registration and practice

JohnnyT66

we will have registration and practice on the 5th of feb(enduro day).spots may also be paid for...alittle grudge racing perhaps?race against a promoter challenge,owen pittman and joe horne are easy defeats to start the new year!!!!we all know that mike s. from the half mile wont do this,to scarred.but then again we are talking about an asphalt guy.....perhaps sarge,reb,jason(tsz),and mark can do there battle thing on track!look foward to seeing all.

Hey Frank I heard some of the I-37 pure stocks that ran in the Turkey trot were planning on running in the Enduro, I think we may need to make sure everyone understands the Enduro Rules, like totally stock cars. May need to look into this a little more. Are there going to be any other classes on Enduro day?

We will definetly be there with a few cars, I know TAMS series promoter Wayne Norrell is going to have a car in these Enduro's, he is willing to help support Texas Racing anyway he can as well.

Look forward to seeing you Frank, take care. B)

this is a pure, pure type car for this race.no racing sprigs.no racing nothing!safety rules to protect.wayne norrell cant handle a enduro car.they may be stock but he always went slower then stock!but drivers dont stretch the rules,if so,it wont get to enter.....we are having practice for all other classes.if they want to put a few out there at one time,we will do it.thought i would let you promoters have alittle grudge race,then remembered most in this area are all to SCARED.maybe they could find a hired gun,but remembered that the half mile guys were all to SCARRED of the dirt.....and yes wayne is one of those good guys that helps all!

w2racing,dont think they want the dirt cars there anymore.i was told we should let one of there drivers hot lap our cars to see if they were to fast for the class.thought about it,what if there champion sandbagged all year and didnt show his true horsepower.this would be smart on his part.i believe this would be done.but the numbers were never fair anyway,we come support with 5 thru 8 cars .we get 1 at the dirt track once from the half mile....there numbers should come up this year however.some asked for our help,we gave it,maybe now its not needed.i dont blame this on mike s.he wants it to work,but if you got guys that would rather cry then step it up,then his back is up against a wall.....

Frank,

I will be the first to admit that we will miss you guy's racing with us this year. It was fun and not only did ya'll help us with car count but everyone of you raced a clean competitive race. I hated to hear that the pure stocks were made just that now and can no longer run with the Roadrunners at SAS. As much as I supported the dirt cars last year I can't see the I37 Streetstocks being a match against SAS Roadrunners based on the times the S.S. would turn last year. I agree with having a SAS driver test the I37 cars at SAS to compare times. I don't think SAS or I37 should base it on just one car. If say we took the top three fastes cars from each track and timed them then we would have a good idea of how compatible they were to each other. I will have to toot my own horn here and say I know my car would be one of the fastest (with my brother George in it of course) and I would be willing to bring it out to be part of the testing.

I hope things work out in favor of both tracks and we can continue to support the love of racing.

I hope you are recovering well and I'm sure you are getting plenty if rest. My prayers will continue to be with you and your family for a healthy recovery.

Kelly.E

who said anything about street stocks allowed to run with roadrunners?,we had said our cars that were legal last year the way they were last year.thats how they moved up in class....but dosnt mean that they added weight jacks,headers,alum intake....your metric car at our track last year would have been a street stock,not a pure stock.but its legal for roadrunners this year isnt it?you pointed out that last year you built a car capable of moving up to chargers with little change.that should point out the problem here.i dont need the change for myself, i have several cars and can make one sas only,but is that fair that our cars must be sas only and we will work with your cars?it should not be a one way deal!,but as i said before you have a non driver that says what an advantage there is with a dirt car,but the guy drives so poorly he goes out and hits the wall on his own.but all the crying paid off for him and a few,OR DID IT?????frank t.

Frank,

I beleive you are taking my post all wrong. We were told that the I37 Pure stock cars were no longer equivalent to the SAS Roadrunner cars because of the rules changes made at I37. The next idea in line was for Joe and Mike to figure out how the I37 SS could run with the Roadrunners but have it a fair race. In order to do this without throwing the cars on the track together and someone finding out the hard way was to have a few from each track tested. Am I correct on this so far? I'm willing to have my car as part of the testing because I know it is a legal Roadrunner car as is. Yes at one time I mentioned it could be changed to a Sportsman car if some things were changed like the tires, shocks, sway bar, transmission, cam, lifters, springs and so on and so on. That doesn't mean that I'm going to make a fool of myself and try to run it against the Sportsman or Streetstock. No one said that Street stocks were going to be allowed to run with the Roadrunners because I don't think there has been an agreement between the two tracks to finalize anything.

your metric car at our track last year would have been a street stock,not a pure stock.but its legal for roadrunners this year isnt it?

Your answer to that question would be last year my car would have been a pure stock on your track, this year it would have to move up to Street stock becase there is no in between and the I37 SS have an advantage over the SAS Roadrunners unless they make changes. Now if we were allowed to run the 8 inch tires and locked rearends I can see how that would help the Roadrunner car handle better and maybe get more out of the cars. I was dissapointed when I found out we we not going to the 8 inch tires because I will say they do make a difference in handling. I got to find that out myself when I drove the dirt car in Oktoberfast, that was before I hit the wall. As much as I would like to continue to see you guys race with us I would hate for you to have to build a car just for SAS because your right it isn't fair.

Hopefully Joe and Mike will come to an agreement on something so we can all participate and have fun. What really needs to happen is the guy's who have been crying about the dirt cars being at SAS needs to step-up and voice their opions as to what they think is fair so we can come to an agreement on something and they can quit crying about it. I hope you understand my point here and by all means I'm not trying to offend you or I37, it would be nice if we could work together.

Thanks,

Kelly

P.S..................Who was the non driver who was crying and hit the wall????

kelly,i was saying if a car was legal there last year,they changed nothing to move up at the dirt,no weight jacks,headers,then why not legal this year?mr hornes car will change nothing,the74 car is the same,along with the kellys car.and my point about your car is what i was saying,with changes a car can bounce around in class.does not make it not legal at one track to another.changes can be made in a day.we bounced some of the cars to many different classes at 5 different tracks.we ran against remote mounted shocks,headers,weight jacks etc.but we did not add those those parts to our cars,but that does not mean our cars should not be allowed to come back to where it belongs does it?if you had entered your car in a sportsman class race at sas with no changes should it be forced to stay in that class?and i know that you worked in behalf of both tracks,the non driver likes under age girls and getting aggresive with minors on the track.he wont pull that with an adault.

I get what your saying (about the non driver).....................it just dawned on me. Well like I said I hope something can be worked out because I would like to see you guy's back on the track with us. I hope you get to continue to race once you recover............I'll be rooting for you!

:lol: Now I'm confused! I was told (by all of the top guys) the I-37 SS would be able to run w/ the SAS RR w/ weight penalties. The dirt cars won one race last year @ SAS w/ a 100# penalty implied & I believe and I have the trophy sitting on my shelf. I believe I saw the rear bumper of Greg Rhomer's car more than I saw the open track and I also recall I passed Greg a lot less than he passed me. I also believe I was DQ'd in a 2nd place finish even w/ an extra 50# penalty (150# total)......why? Because our team is good and we're dirt cars.

That being said, hopefully I will not tick anyone off too bad by saying the following. I really do not think it is a problem w/ Joe & Mike working together but the drivers & car owners who aren't seeing eye to eye. NOT ALL OF THEM, just a few but then again it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone and they are the ones who make out the best in the end. It is the ones who think dirt cars SHOULD NOT be competitive w/ asphalt cars simply because they ARE dirt cars even if they are equal. It is expected to be this way even if someone who has a lot of experience is driving the dirt car. There are more drivers & teams willing to work together in these classes than those who want to complain and cry, it's just that the ones who complained & cried in 2004 were a little louder.... I've talked w/ both.

Working together, which I believe Joe & Mike are doing, is the only way to get the best results for these classes. Personally, I think the purestocks of last year and the RR class are pretty equal w/ the 100# penalty we have. I would say LET'S GO RACING & we can "fine tune" this thing if needed. At least that's what the plan was last year. Joe & Frank and Mike & Paul were all on the same page the last I've heard, and the I-37 SS CAN run w/ the SAS RR w/ weight penalties. We'll bring our lead B)

John Kelly Jr.

John,

I'm confused right along with you! I thought our tracks were working together to get something figured out too. But according to Franks post he is saying the dirt cars are not wanted. I just want to say I hope the attitude of some of these drivers doesn't spoil the friendship the I37 and SAS drivers and formed. I think it is imprtatnt that we all work together. It would be different if you guys would of came out to SAS last year and drove dirty and pissed people off but you didn't. Everyone one of you drove a clean competitive race and made it fun to watch. Unfortuantely SAS had a bad apple who tried his best to destroy Johnny's car. This type of behavior is embarrassing and is not wanted. I hope something is worked out between the two tracks so you guys can continue to race with us but someone please help me undersatnd what is really going on.

The pure stock cars from last year are now street stock right? What changes were made to the P.S. to make them S.S.?

Can the SAS roadrunners run with the S.S. and if so what would need to be changed on our cars?

What type of weight penalty will be implied if the S.S. are allowed to run with roadrunner? Or has this been determined?

I hope this all works out because I would like to see Mrs.Kelly on the track with WOW this year.

Thanks,

Kelly

;) GREAT NEWS;after a looong day of meeting with mike s. and telephone conferencing with paul l.we were able to work this out .mike worked to represent his cars and i worked for ours.we did not expect sas to change anything for us,just give us some options.the 2005 i37 rules will apply for the dirt car to run at sas.this is the pure stock rules of 2005.there can be no cross breading of the two.kelly;a 2005 super street can run weight jacks,tube upper a arms,cut the floor from behind the drivers seat back,and aftermarket bodies are allowed....but most from 2005 did not put the weight jacks.the biggest change it looks like will be needed from friday to saturday will be to take off the headers.some drivers change gears,but most that i talked to will run as they did and be undergeared.again as i said before,i think its great for both tracks to work together.i am sure that a few will complain.but if the guys that wanted to run at sas would have had built two cars,one dirt and one asphalt,they would still go to the front.they work hard at what they do.....

Kelly, we want to come and race w/ ya'll but at the same time we have to be competetive. It's so much fun when everyone can race hard & clean and joke around about it all afterwards, everyone is a winner then. We're a good bunch of guys who have respect for racing, and the bigger our "local racing family" grows the better.

Frank, ok let me see if I have this straight. We run the new 2005 I-37 Purestock rules w/ the roadrunners @ SAS? If that's the case then wouldn't you think we'd be a little lacking in the HP department compared to the RRs? Add in the 7" wheels & tires and we're all fightin' for 5th or 6th on Sat. Not bitchin', just curious. :lol: Also, I need to get another copy of the rules for all of the classes & I-37, should I call the office to get them faxed to me? Fx# 532-7500.

Jr. <_<

Archived