Another Ole Racer has Passed

Del Harris

An Ole Racer from the Playland Park and Meyer Speedway Days has Passed, Marvin Ottmer passed away December 28, 2014, He Owned Airline Wrecker Service back in the 60's when He Raced at Meyer Speedway, after that Marvin started building Wrecker Units in the Houston Area that almost every Wrecker Owner in that time, Bought Their Units from Marvin ( A-1 Wrecker Sales ), in His Racing Career, if You Thought that AJ Foyt was a Fighter, You had better Not be a Rough Driver to Marvin because He took care of Business On and Off the Track, after that, if You wanted to have a Beer or Shoot a Game of Pool, then Marvin would be right there with You, Even I Shot a few Games with Him when I was a Kid at the Country BBQ on N. Shepherd Dr., His and My Family were all Friends from the Playland Park Days, He has a Son Marvin Jr. and 2 Daughters, Donna and Dianne, May God Comfort the Family at this time, Show them the Racing Family Love by Sending Prayers and Condolences, Thanks !!! P.S. I think that I have Pictures of some of Marvins Racing back in the Day !!!

ALL racers are part of the family .. RACERS NEVER DIE.....THEY ARE REMEMBERED FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SPORT FOR THEY TAUGHT OTHERS ALONG THE WAY ABOUT THE SPORT AND FOR GENERATIONS TO COME THEIR TEACHINGS WILL CARRY ON ... NOW THEY ARE PITTED IN THE BEST PIT STALL RACING HAD TO OFFER ///// SALUTE .....

Archived