Hypothetical Race Idea

Ok here is an idea lets hear what you think and how many cars u think would show...Lets put the date as Oktoberfast for kicks....

Roadrunner $1,500 to win race $75 entry fee includes driver and car. Pit pass for crews $25. Min 40 registrations to lock in purse... 20 cars start. $6,000 total payout.

Cars that dont qualify get $25 tow money.

Payout

1. 1500

2. 900

3. 600

4. 500

5. 400

6. 350

7. 300

8. 250

9. 200

10-20. 100

Could it be done? What kind of obsticles would there be? How would you set up the rules to encompass dirt cars too....Let's hear it.... U never know it could happen...Maybe not soon... But It could happen....

Marc,

your right there might be enough bombers to do this race but most will not come from the central and south texas areas. Most would come from CC speedway and the dirts tracks such as Waco and Killen. The biggest problem I see would be tires, cages and gears. Everyone sould run the same size tire like they do in CC. Now some bombers cars do not have the worlds best built stock car cages and you can't have that at SAS or well anywhere else for that matter. The complaint by some people at Ocktober"Fast" last year was that some of the guys competing in the bomber race changed their stock rearends gears to do better on the long straits. Although I'm not really sure if there is a way to check gears at the track without to much time constraits. All and all it might be a good idea but I would still like to see the Texas Challenge before a bomber race.

Archived