did I miss something ?

sfrebel

I thought after the past couple of year's Donald Teague was known to be one of, if the most untrustworthy person in Texas auto racing. Now TSRS is joining forces with them for several races next year. Just curious as to what has changed in the past few months that makes TSAR a credible organization.

This is not intended as a slam against TSRS, I just don't want to see Donald Teague swindle money out of more innocent people

lol

Ok I just deleted my entire post. Read around. In fact read the top of this forum the posts I have pinned at the top. They are there to educate racers/fans/companies/etc on stuff that HAS happened. If it wasn't true then a newspaper would have never published the stories and the newspaper certainly would have not received an award for them.

I think it is funny you can go to Google and type in OstriRite and learn even more info. Put that in and then click on Google Groups. It will take you back to old posts by Mr. Teague. Ahh how I love Google. Too bad I didn't get stock options. lol

Billy Sol Estes (look it up kids) conned some people two and three times each. When asked how such a thing was possible he replied that he would admit that the first deal "just didn't work out" but the profits from this one (always MUCH BIGGER) would make up for it.

In the end, the railroad cars were still empty.

I only know what I read about Mr. Teague but in today's "lawyer'd up" world, there are huge monetary settlements paid to people that have been libeled by the press. My assumption is that the accuracy of the newspaper reports has not been officially/legally/successfully challenged.

THE FOLLOWING IS JUST SUPPOSITION===> IF season tickets are sold and SOMETHING goes wrong with the money, THEN one of the injured parties will be the Austin area companies that bought them. Is it a big stretch to imagine that some of their anger will spill over onto THR and "racing" in general?

Just my opinion,

Jay

i remember back on august 18th 2004 at 9pm on fox tv in austin when they had a segment called "7 on Your Side Investigates"where it was about Donald Teague-sure didnt make him look real good-i guess he must be looking real good now-or as we say in the deep south-BIDNIZGUD-i just havent figured out how any moneys going to be made(profit) on theses races-no entry fee-no pit fee-big purse top to bottom-i just hope it works for maryann and the drivers of tsrs

Guys, Mrs. Naumann appears to be a very capable person, or she wouldn't have gotten as far as she has. And, I’m pretty sure she’s familiar with TSZ and has more than likely read the warning that is posted at the top of this section. It would appear as though Mr. Teague has peaked her interest with something that she feels she too will benefit from.

I might just be too much of an optimist, but maybe we should sit back and hope for the best. I don't think Mrs. Naumann would allow Mr. Teague to railroad her, let's give her a little more credit than that after all that she's obviously accomplished over the past few years. Who knows, maybe this is the "break" Mr. Teague needs to "renew" himself.

Just my $.72 worth.

edit: I understand some people have been 'burned' by STAR (or whatever it was called), but please don't respond to my last post with "Well I've been hurt by them by...", there's already a thread for that at the top of this board. Let's try to keep this civil for all involved (for now).

And to reply to "Did I miss something?" - Maybe so. None of us know about the negotiations that transpired to bring upon the partnership. Who knows, maybe Mr. Teague fronted the money which is allowing the drivers to not have to pay to race next year... who knows... I don't... no one does other than two people (or so).

There are people who know a few more details than you think Eric...

I hope it all works out great but being realistic and looking at what they have planned I just do not understand how something like this will work and with Mr. Teague's track record I do not see how they can really expect a sponsor to put up a large amount of money for it to work knowing this is a pretty "high risk" thing. C'mon search Donald Teague on google and add the word OstriRite or Racing. Maybe that is why they did not use his name in the newest PR from them.

:blink:

Jason

Lets just wait and see if he pays. If he does then that's awesome. If he doesn't, then he is done. As long as Maryann pays TSRS normal purse I feel her obligation is forfilled we got in free and didn't pay an entry fee. Time will tell.

Im curious about how much it a) Costs him to Rent THR B) What the total purse was expected to be... Reason why I brought it up is lets say he is able to draw 1,000 people to buy the season ticket at $55... Thats $55,000 right there not including who walks up and weither or not concessions are his or not ect. ect. ect. He might be tying his hopes to season tickets and looking at Sponsors to be the profit or something to that effect... Will it work who knows but we will find out after that race... One last thing I personally asked Maryann if she is paying or giving Donald any money to do this and she said no. So lets see how it goes and for THR's sake I hope it works out...

Marc Roy

Archived