Spencer Bayston and Austin Stewart Earn Rookie of the Year Honors

rebelracewriter

Spencer Bayston and Austin Stewart Earn Rookie of the Year Honors

Tuesday, November 4th 2014

Millstadt, IL. - Spencer Bayston of Lebanon, Indiana driving the Bryan Clauson Racing, Inc. Esslinger-powered Spike Chassis earned the prestigious 2014 POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget Series Rookie of the Year. Austin Stewart of Jacksonville, Illinois earned the 2014 POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series Rookie of the Year title, piloting the family-owned Suzuki-powered Pace Chassis.

Spencer Bayston, mentored by the Driven Development Program through Bryan Clauson Racing, Inc., attributes his success to the BCI team as a whole. "Big Al is a huge help," said Bayston. "The team provides me access to a level of knowledge and coaching that put me one step ahead of other rookies. I was able to get more comfortable each time out due to the car being perfect every time out. In the beginning, the hardest part was getting comfortable in the car and running consistent laps. Big Al and everyone at BCI made that learning curve quicker because of their knowledge and coaching."

Austin Stewart attributes this career accomplishment to "everyone on the team working hard; my dad, grandpa, and everybody that helped us out. It's definitely a big accomplishment to earn the Rookie of the Year title for the Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series division running against some of the best drivers in the nation."

Stewart explained one of the highlights for his 2014 POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series season as when he beat 2013 and 2014 champion Nathan Benson in heat race action at Belle-Clair Speedway in Belleville, Illinois. "Going wheel-to-wheel in the heat race with two-time champion Nathan Benson and beating him was probably one of my most exciting moments of the season. I think that showed everyone how far we've come from our first race. "

Look for Spencer Bayston to be back in the BCI Esslinger-powered midget at the POWRi Battle at the Center in Du Quoin, Illinois on December 20th, 2014. Austin Stewart plans to make his Tulsa Shootout debut in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the wing and non-wing divisions for the 2015 Tulsa Shootout.

For more information, visit www.powri.com.

Archived